Need help please :´( new user..

robsson

Dalayan Beginner
Heyas.
A friend of me introduced winter's roar for me, but I am experiencing problems when logging in. I can simply just not login and this is the error message:

"Wrong version!!!
Run everquest patcher to make
sure you have the right version."

Anyone have an idea of what the problem might be? I have done all steps, including patching the live servers to full.

Darn I would love if somebody solved this for me 8)

Your stuck...

Your stuck for right now. If you've been around the EQEmu scene for a bit you would know that the live patches break the Emu. Winters roar is running on a previous version of EQ, if you patch past this version you can't play.

The new servers (0.5.0) are suppose to work with live and then Winters Roar would have to switch over to them, check the main eqemu site for more updates http://www.eqemulator.net/ about the new servers.

So as of know you can't play, unless of course someone sends you the files you need to revert back to the version for WR. But that would be warez, and asking for warez is a no no. Stop by the IRC channel and someone might be able to help you there. IRC: irc.eqemulator.net #wr

Yeah I read about the version differences. Thank you for answering, I will probably wait until a new version is released or something.

<3

Or you could do like Nira suggested, goto IRC and check if somebody wants to help you out...

On a slightly different note, I think the IRC chan should be moved to stratics or something... (or a second channel made somewhere)... this whole fuss about "warez" (I wouldnt even call eqfix warez) on the eqemu network is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom