Need a decent mid-level pally 1H

Braveguard

Dalayan Beginner
Anyone have a suggestion? I'm completely new to SoD so I have no twinkability options. I only have around 80pp on me and my armor, at 31, is still very hurting but I'm really itching to get a one hander and get into the new mechanics the devs have offered up with bash aggro and such. While I could just grab a mithril blade and tank up, I'm going to be pretty useless for dps in my usual duo so I'd like to find something with at least a little bite to it. So, any suggestions on how I go about acquiring something *decent* with my limited funds. I've been poring through listsold but haven't found much that a paladin can use and what is pally usable always seems to be way too high for the untwinked. Tell me if I am but I dont think Im being too picky looking for something better than a 9/22 ratio (with no stats). ]

I could also use advice on a shield if there is something good you would like to point out.

Can you drop a fomelo on us? Hard to tell you what to upgrade to when we don't know what you have now.

About the best you'll find on listsold that is player made would be warpmetal. They're typically a 1:2 ratio (dmg/dly) and have +magic damage on them. The dmg/dly varies by weapon type but it is usually 1 damage per 2 delay.

Alternately in 5-10 levels you and a group can head to the bottom of Paw and look for Blade of Spiritual Infusion...but I don't know if that's even as good as warpmetal post-nerf.

You were, I misread your query.

BoSI, as Timothy said, will be doable soon, and you cant get it pristine. You could actually buy it with the amount of money you have now. A waprmetal one hander will generally give you a .5 ratio (dly/dmg) along with + 3 or 4 magic dmg.

As far as shields go, I would recommend a Dalium sheild. Very pally friendly stat-wise, and usually find one for ~50p. Mix in your choice of augs, chill, and serve!

The pally starfall sheild is always an option too if you don't want to spend the monies on a different shield.

Yeah, on my paladin before the nerf I went from the yaralith sword to the paw sword, and ended up at Soulfire. Dunno how those weapons are now, except for Soulfire

BoSI is now 10/24 with +3 disease damage iirc. If you can swing the cash, buy warpmetal instead. Even pristine the BoSI is going to be 10/22

Didn't realize Soufire was supposed to be so easy. I guess I still have the ingrained memory of that quest from old live. My heart still races when I think about swimming into Phinigel's lair to get that ground spawn. I still don't know how I made it out alive.

I found a BoSI on a merchant for 33pp so I bought that. I couldnt find anything at all in listsold... well, one mithril something or other that was 50pp. So I got a little lucky on that front. Then Ciallach cut me a really good "you're a newbie" deal on a mithril shield. Now I'm completely broke but at least I wont get any further behind on bash and 1H slash.

I'll take your advice on Soulfire though. That would obviously be much better if someone will help with it. I'll look it up and get as ready as I can. Maybe I can find somebody bored enough to humor me. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll take your advice on Soulfire though. That would obviously be much better if someone will help with it. I'll look it up and get as ready as I can. Maybe I can find somebody bored enough to humor me. Thanks for the suggestion.

Unless they have changed this quest, there ain't no way you are going to be able to do this. You will have to find a higher level character do it for you. About all that you can do is invis vs undead to get a piece in Freeport. One piece I had to get was in Highkeep (55-65 zone) and if you get hit there once, you will die. One piece is in RSM and the guys who drop it are level 50.

I am not trying to discourage you, but don't think that this is a quest that your character can do. It cannot. But if you get someone to do it for you while you are grouped with them, it is doable. I don't know if jimkoz read that your toon was lvl 35 or what. But this quest is not possible for a lvl 35 character or even a solid group of lvl 35 characters.

Nope I read his message, and I was saying theres always higher level guys (65s) sitting around lookin for stuff to do. They could easyly take him along and do that quest.

Oh ok. I see what you are saying.

Braveguard, I really enjoyed doing my Thurg quests on my own. If you want another player to do it for you, no judgment, but I also would not want you to miss out on a couple of really fun quests. I feel proud of my Thurg items because I did them.

If you feel different, then by all means ask someone to do them for you. If however, you are unsure, I will make you an offer. If you want to wait on the Thurg quest, I will send you two ghostmetal or warpmetal weapons for you to use until you are able to do the quest yourself.

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Warpmetal_Shan`Esh
http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Ghostmetal_Shan`Sel

Just send a /tell to Jilguror, Notpit or Fivof if you want them and if you prefer Warpmetal or Ghostmetal.

Very nice jester Notpit, Amicii guys are very friendly and nice...

I on the other hand follow my diety to the "T"... Chaotic Evil, cheat to win! Kill first and search the bodies for answers. mawhah

I think if they could uncap the bonus of diety, id be pushing a good 50% instead of the capped 20% :)

I do "cheat" for many of my alts. Nothing wrong with it.

And I remember you during the Traek raids. You were not soo Chaotic or Evil then. Me thinks you are more bark than bite. :)

Thanks Notpit. I think I'm good for now. I'll see where things shake out in a few levels. I prefer to do the quests on my own but I'm not above getting a boost on one or two to keep me viable. Being completely new, you might say I'm at a huge disadvantage since I am competing with twinks and people who already have a group of contacts. My first choice will always be to do it on my own (it's a *fun* thing), sometimes stubbornly so. I solo'd many of the live Fiery Avenger (including the original Soulfire) quests that were supposed to be grouped. A lot of that did involve me running screaming to the zone (or cussing profusely) but, hey, I did it. I still remember the guild reaction when I told them I was swimming down to Phinigel on my own cause I couldn't get them off their asses to help me... and their reaction when I got the spawn, LOL.

Anyway, I get your point and I appreciate your offer. I managed a BoSI and I have a mithril shield I got a deal on so I think I'm good for a while longer.

Thanks, Notpit, for all your help. I did succumb to temptation and asked Xenion to help me with Soulfire though. I looked at the stats and recommended level and realized that the blade was going to be scaled back for my level and would progress with me. I don't think I can even change it to a 2H until I reach 50. With that in mind, I didn't feel dirty getting it early, LOL.

Now I can start questing and wandering without focusing on where my weak points are.

Thanks to Xenion for helping me out with the quest. And, don't worry, I won't tell your girlfriend what you were doing with her cleric.

Back
Top Bottom