Necromancers Damage Increment IX

Ceto

Dalayan Adventurer
Currently, every class has at least one option for damage increment 9 pre-silent halls. Every class also has at least two options total (some have 3 or 4!).

....Except for one. Necromancers can't get damage increment 9 until the back end of silent halls, and can't get damage increment 10 until 4 tower thaz.
Every other class gets this absolutely necessary focus effect in thaz (or off of Yale), and Necromancers need it just as much as other classes (surprisingly high amount of direct damage in kit), but the itemization is clearly lacking to get any good source of damage increment. I'm currently stuck using NZ Legs which only have damage increment 7.

This issue used to be bandaid fixed by this quest, but now the reward from that quest is damage increment 8.33, and the quest is just.... ridiculous (especially with recent changes to the Tur'Ruj QPs), to say the least.

Is this intended, like taking necromancer abilities and then putting them on items that necromancers can't use (a separate issue, like this and this)? Or is there something currently in the works to fix this clear lack of itemization choice?

I tried man, I tried!
But then staff deicded for no good reason whatsoever that no, for rank9 focus effects, the old trusted "new rank of focus effect every other tier" shall not apply any more past T10. (How are you stuck with NZ legs though? There are many many DI8 items Necromancers can use!)

Last edited:
necros get damage increment 9.3 from zeshan just like every other caster does, so they have an option before the end of silent halls.

in general necro itemization is kinda whack because they want literally every focus in the game and just arent included on some items in upper thaz. like nwaij said tho, only having DI7 at the tier you're at is a you problem, theres boatloads of DI8 options available in quite a few different slots

I wish there were dual elemental focus items, like combining cold/fire and disease/poison or even DI/Affliction. The necro focus shell game isn't fun, especially when you start to bag an item due to boss mechanics.

necros get damage increment 9.3 from zeshan just like every other caster does, so they have an option before the end of silent halls.

That item sucks, especially on a necromancer. (I did forget that it has DI9.33 though!) Too mana reliant to use a primary with 350 mana. This thing that most int casters hate is surprisingly good on a necromancer because of how much mana and magic damage it has.

How are you stuck with NZ legs though

With my current setup, I have a damage increment 8 swap-in, but I don't think it would be worth it to use it.

https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Stilettos_of_Chaos
vs
https://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Fragmented_Anklets

Gives me alteration (very good on necros), magic damage (very good on necros), way more mana (my class is mana hungry), and a solid amount of AC.
I also badly need the -aggro on the boots I am wearing (because for whatever reason, many necro items have + %aggression? so I am stuck at +1% on fomelo), and the FT on the damage inc swap-in would just overcap me on FT.

I am not complaining too much about damage increment itemization up to ~Tier 12. Just that with my setup, it doesn't work out. It's Tier 13 and above that screws necromancers out of the focus effect.

Wuuc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom