Nec + ?

Sarn

Dalayan Beginner
I'm probably beating a dead horse here.. but I couldn't find any specific info to fit my situation so here we go. I want to start playing here again and i've decided on a necro as my main. I had an alt nec on live long ago so i've played one to 50+ but never made it past 54 or 55.

My question is.. which would end up being faster, soloing the necro or boxing him with something else such as a shaman, druid or maybe bard? Obviously leveling will be slower with 2 chars than 1 if the boxed char is just a support class and the nec has to do all the killing.. but will the DS/ports/heals/SoW/buffs whatever make up for the exp hit? If I solo the necro to 65 will I end up at end-game wishing I had an alt char to box for faster AAs being able to take on tougher mobs?

Also Adventure Bands sounds great for friends who play together but seems to be pointless for someone 2-boxing, unless I misunderstand how it works?

Any advice on which route to take and which class to box if I do decide to duo is appreciated. The main goal here is to get the nec as powerful as possible as fast as possible but there's no downside to having two 65s over one..

Yeah i'm just not sure whether druid would be better or not, considering necs power comes by kiting and slow is wasted on kiting..

Argh.

I two boxed monk/shaman to 65 first and then soloed druid to 65. Solo is much faster at all times but you need to balance out sow and ports for convienience. It is really your call. Leveling is faster here.

Shaman is the way to go, I'd always chose one over a druid since you'll benefit way more from his offensive buffs (Hasted/buffed pet FTW).

Besides that I solo pretty good in areas that are considered "high-end" as a necro and have no problems finding a group for some real XP. It's really up to you if you use a two-box or just solo the necro.

Another funny option is a wizard, the DPS output of either class is pretty good, both combined are insane.

having played a necro in combination with a wizard a bard a shaman and a druid (and cleric and mage and enchanter) i can say for sure that my most effective combination for pure xp killing was druid. with zorlaft and tornalin i could easily duo bluecon trash in POA, drakes and wyverns in dhk, almost all of cmal 1, and pretty much any not insane dungeon (red sun mines, sirens grotto, eldenals)

also dont get me started about charming the crypt keeper in eldenals and putting a relic druid DS on him

I started typing and erased this post like 12 times now. If what you want to play is a necro choose a druid (all i wish in the world was for necros to get a pet DS. problem solved with a druid, but other than that he'll be sitting for the fight waiting to rebuff or to heal again). If you want to have fun playing two classes go with a necro and a bard or mage or beastlord (Both classes will be active while killing stuff. Mages can heal their own pet alright and their pet should be able to keep aggro. Summoned stuff is great. DS. bards are the necro's hidden duo partner. i dont think a lot of people consider it, but he has DS, slows, DoTs, regen hp/mana i personally like it very much. Plus he has a mask that can make him a skelly for when you need to do FP or other zones that are illusion required. Beastlords are equipment dependent mostly, but they have a nice pet and can slow and heal you or anyone else. if you want a powerful duo that will have both chars engaged and allow you to do some bigger stuff in the end game go necro/shammy (this also applies for druids, but slow is A+ in the end. Their heals might not be great, but your pet doesn't have that much hp, so its all good. you wont be so dependent on clarity with him either, but unlike a druid he'll be casting all the time and wont give you the lazy status option druids provide.)

I appreciate all the advice, but didn't feel like waiting around a week to see replies pan out so went with the shaman. I chose shaman mainly because the druid races are ugly as hell and i'm an iksar fanboy. :psyduck:

I doubt i'll regret my decision.

Probably the best choice since in the very highend game this combo will be able to do almost everything (shamanheals are ok for the things you can try out, bigger heals won't make you kill bigger things and his utility is far superior to a druids utility).

But again, I am somewhat biased (Sup Niko? :p) on this - best bet is to figure out what you like best by yourself.

never gonna post in one of these duo threads cause it always ends up worthless. why ask if you're gonna base you decision on what the races look like (which was honestly the best way to decide because the fun factor of this "game" should always take presidence)

Sarn said:
You just broke your rule.

I bet he was semi-sarcastic, I am sure he couldn't resist to post in one of those threads simply to tell you what you can do with a necro ;)

Back
Top Bottom