Minimum Weapon Delay?

Adiien

Dalayan Beginner
I had a few questions about haste, some of which were answered by doing a search here on the forums. But I still have 1 that I can't find an answer for.

Is there a minimum delay that a weapon will cap at? Like lets say you have a 10 delay weapon. Is it possible to bring it to 1 delay or 2 delay? or are the delays of weapons capped off at 5 or some other number?

Delay can't be 0, but anything above that, even .001 is theoretically possible.

I've played around with 1 delay weapons enough to tell you that even they can benefit from haste, up to the point of getting ~30 swings per second (with double and triple attack, but still!). It's nothing players will ever likely see or have to worry about.

Man, our katana squad gets enough spam off the 6 delay ED tmap sword. I'd hate to see anything with 1 delay.

Thread necro!

Everquest updates weapon swings at a rate of 0.078125 seconds (weapon ticks). Meaning minimum theoretical delay is 0.78125.

As far as I know, that's baked into the EQ game engine, FYI. Someone would probably have to parse here to confirm that something isn't changed here.

Assuming maximum melee haste of something close to 300%, and lowest delay weapon is 6 delay, the minimum possible delay in the game is ~1.56.

Fun fact, on that 6 delay weapon:
  • 0-9% haste is ~6.25 delay
  • 10-27% haste is ~5.47 delay
  • 28-53% haste is ~4.68 delay
  • 54-91% haste is ~3.90 delay
  • 92-155% haste is ~3.12 delay
  • 156-283% haste is ~2.34 delay
  • 284-667% haste is ~1.56 delay
  • 668% + haste is ~0.78 delay (theoretical minimum)
Because of the way weapon swings tick, haste often has much less to no impact on actual weapon delay compared to what you would expect.

Oops, I was going off a DPL query on the wiki for warrior primary slots and forgot.

Still need more than 400% haste to achieve 0.78 delay even with that weapon however.

Back
Top Bottom