Mindfire

lynnettell

Dalayan Elder
Awesome weapon, but I think the recast on the clicky is a bit off.

[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Slot: Primary Secondary
Focus Effect: Tarhyl's Rage
Effect: Burning Aura (Clicky2, 0.5)
STA: +20 CHA: +25 WIS: +20 INT: +20 HP: +190 MANA: +251
SV FIRE: +28
Spell Ward: +3%
WT: 1.5 Size: Small
Class: NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Race: ALL

See, very good. Until you look at..

Burning Aura

Recharge time: 7500 seconds
Duration: 3 ticks (18 seconds)
Target type: Self

Slot 1: Decrease Mana Cost by 68%
Slot 3: Increase Current Hit Points by 950
Slot 5: Increase Resist Fire by 40

Over 2 hours for the clicky? Methinks it's a typo somewhere... can it be looked at, please?

I have never understood this either, but I'm farily sure its been brought up before with no success.

There are times where you know you are about to die and having ways to be proactive and prevent them make playing what is already the squishiest archtype a lot more fun. Reducing the cooldown on Mindfire to something like 3 min wouldn't provide any huge amount of mana conservation (and if that was really the concern I and probably most others would be fine with removing or reducing that portion of the effect). It wouldn't break game balance. Nobody would suddenly be able to beat an encounter they couldn't beat before. It would allow a smart, fast acting player to gain an extra 1khp in a moment of need. A clicky like this is almost never necessary, its something you use when someone makes a mistake (read droolcup healers). Having little ways to help prevent such deaths are a lot of fun and help make INT casters feel a bit less helpless.

The spell ward is very high on this item, but the clicky is a bit lackluster due to the recast time. I guess every ToT weapon looks bad compared to Ashpyre, but I think the recast could be moved down to 10 minutes or so. At least you get a clicky with Mindfire and you don't destroy it once you upgrade it like the melee ToT weapons.

Yeah, I didn't expect it to have the recast of Ashpyre, thought it would be 20 minutes or so, so it can be used multiple times in a night. As it stands, if I had it, I'd be afraid to use it when it *might* be needed and then not be able to use it when it truly is needed. If it could be shortened to 20-30 minutes, I don't think that would be OP, because it only lasts 3 ticks.

Yeah it has cool stats, just like ashpyre, I just feel the cd could be reduced significantly w/o really changing any balance. Many people don't even end up getting their tot weapons until they are past that tier due to the various rare items involved in the quest, and the next tier up has trash drops that are on-par w/ the stats... so the clicky is what does (or maybe should) make it stand out.

Back
Top Bottom