memory read error after free space wipe

Finkk

Dalayan Adventurer
I'm in this digital forensics class and our teacher demonstrated how easily it was to restore deleted files and recommended that we all do a free space disk wipe on our home computers.

I did and now I am experiencing problems. When I log on for the first try, it brings me to character select screen and then my client restarts while attempting to zone in. Any attempts afterwards results in me getting the following error:

2005397640632675903_rs.jpg

So the program deleted a needed cluster somewhere I imagine. I have fully reinstalled THE GAME as well as DirectX 9 that came included on the GAME CD. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Try increasing the amount of virtual memory, aka page filing space. It could also indicate bad RAM modules.

Kyeld said:
Try increasing the amount of virtual memory, aka page filing space. It could also indicate bad RAM modules.

I have 1GB of ram and ~1500MB virtual memory so it's not that. I've experienced bad RAM before and usually it's hard to reproduce. This is very consistent.

I just logged in successfully... I'm not sure what the problem was but I guess a system checkdisk at reboot fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom