Mantle of the Apprentice/Senior/Ele Quest - Broken Faction?

I am at the final hand in with my enchanter and unable to get Lord Hanar to say anything to me other than the basic line. Benevolence and alliance do nothing as well as erudite illusion. Any updates or ideas? Actually did this quest with my high elf mage ages ago and it worked with the illusion.

Danku said:
I am at the final hand in with my enchanter and unable to get Lord Hanar to say anything to me other than the basic line. Benevolence and alliance do nothing as well as erudite illusion. Any updates or ideas? Actually did this quest with my high elf mage ages ago and it worked with the illusion.

Benevolence and alliance are currently known to be broken. Not sure if illusions are included in this bug. I did this with my dark elf mage way back using only erudite illusion, but that was before this thread.

Ahhh. The illusion brings me from Dub to Indif. If benevolance is broken that would be the most likely explination for the inability to do last turn in. Thanks for the info.

Any new developments in this quest? I, foolishly, didn't read up here that it was broken, and had been nagging for the drop rate of the kodiak claws to be fixed for the Mantle of the Senior. Well, bless his heart, Wiz fixed the drop rate, and I got my claws, only to find that Lord Mantak won't speak to me... he simply hands me back my Apprentice Mantle. I couldn't remember if I had already done this step, so I went on to Lady Abyrall, handed her all my stuff, and she just gave it all back. I am, in fact, an erudite mage, no illusions here, and con indif. to both of the afore mentioned NPCs. Is the faction the trouble? Or is it something else? Please, after all that obsessing over the kodiak claws, it'd be a shame not to get my new mantle!

I play a human mage and have completed the first part of this quest. I tried to hand in the mantle to get the second part of the quest while having the erudite illusion on. I got nothing. I con indifferently to Lord Mantak.
Could someone please look into the faction needed or other quests that raise faction with the burning eye? I would really like to be able to finish this quest and get myself a nifty new mantle. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom