Make the Murk Town a Real City

My point is it is incredibly inconvenient, unnecessary from a mechanics standpoint, and bad from a QOL perspective not to have these changes made.

I think incredibly inconvenient is a bit of a stretch and from a lore standpoint the current setup makes sense.

It is counterproductive to be potentially turning off new players to these zones by keeping things difficult just because they've always been that way.

The difficulty of Ikisith for a new player isn't that you can't find a bank/vendor. The zones are simply more dangerous on average. Which is fine, and personally was a turn on for me, since overcoming those challenges gives a sense of progression and goals to achieve.

To me, this makes no sense, as these changes can not break anything!

Adding banks to Murk/Refuge would break lore in a pretty significant way -- which is basically what most opposition to these ideas has been.

QOL changes that fit within lore / are logical expansions of lore I'd get behind -- but arguing that lore should be changed to fit a QOL change is a pretty obnoxious argument. The change to allow people to port into murk / refuge while invis would fit better within lore IMO.

What boggles my mind is that we wade into major class rebalances every six months without batting an eye
Not that I can speak for devs or anything, but I'm pretty sure there was eye batting involved with this.

Adding banks to Murk/Refuge would break lore in a pretty significant way -- which is basically what most opposition to these ideas has been.

QOL changes that fit within lore / are logical expansions of lore I'd get behind -- but arguing that lore should be changed to fit a QOL change is a pretty obnoxious argument. The change to allow people to port into murk / refuge while invis would fit better within lore IMO.
This is 100% a legitimate claim. In particular, the Gruploks are run down (as many people have been apt to show). I get that. However; we've had adventurers in Ikisith for a long time now - years even. You would think some progress would have been made for better supply chains. The fact is, worlds evolve, and logistically, it makes sense that a regional hub - even if it's not a full city like Newport, should be something all factions are working towards. Lore like this can evolve, and this is something which could be used as a precursor to Ikisith 2.0 content - ex: The Seekers start sneaking suppliers to the Murk, Refuge, or elsewhere to support the ongoing war efforts. Maybe add a quest or two (The Mason's line continued for example) and use that as a tie in. There's no need to break the sense of immersion with the factions, but I firmly believe that lore can change to support a better play environment and make people feel like they're part of a dynamic world.

This is just a quality of life improvement, just do it. Why are we arguing about the lore? Just change the fucking lore and help people to play the game. Anyone who cares about a banker in the murk breaking immersion has a mental illness.

Post of the Year. Would read again.

This is just a quality of life improvement, just do it. Why are we arguing about the lore? Just change the fucking lore and help people to play the game. Anyone who cares about a banker in the murk breaking immersion has a mental illness.
By this logic lets just put vendors at the entrance of every 6 man and dungeon while we're at it... No

By this logic lets just put vendors at the entrance of every 6 man and dungeon while we're at it... No

By this logic let's just remove the bank in rivervale because the town is under some crazy spell and the nextdoor zone has a bunch of deathtouching whirlwinds.
While we're at it, get rid of the one in Red Sun Mines, too!
Because all convenience has to tie in with lore..

Back
Top Bottom