Make the MQ optional

buchannon

Dalayan Beginner
I realize that the MQ is already optional in a sense, but I hate the idea that I need to do it in order to get my ancient spells. I'm sure there are other late game quests/turnins that require the MQ to be done too, but ancient spells are the one I know about.

For the gamer that hates questing, having to do the MQ to turn in a ancient spell scroll really sucks.

As far as I know, Wiz wanted to "force" people to do the MQ to discover Dalaya. However, it is a VERY simple quest that can be completed to get an irreplaceable aug and spells that are must haves.

I think it is fine as is. I know LOTS of gamers who hate questing but roughed out the MQ in order to get Ancients/Relics/augs.

Plus you get some very nice exp and a nice item as well. Plus the aug!! The quest is well worth the effort. Well written too.

As far as I know, Wiz wanted to "force" people to do the MQ to discover Dalaya. However, it is a VERY simple quest that can be completed to get an irreplaceable aug and spells that are must haves.

I think it is fine as is. I know LOTS of gamers who hate questing but roughed out the MQ in order to get Ancients/Relics/augs.
I am one of those gamers that have roughed it out, but it made SoD VERY unenjoyable at the time. Shouldn't we be trying to attract more gamers instead of pushing them away?

Besides, even if you hate questing, if you're to the point of being able to get ancients then it shouldn't be that difficult for you to run through anyway.

SoD wants to attract people to the game that it is, not the game that people want it to be.

SoD wants to attract people to the game that it is, not the game that people want it to be.

And seeing as how SoD is a world based around original lore, with quests that tie into that lore, you see how completing the quest given to you at birth is rather important for late progression. ^_^

Never completing the MQ would be like buying a new car based on 3 words written on the bathroom wall. Your missing a lot of information hehe.

the quest itself isn't hard at all. and it should stay required.

plus why woudln't you want the 80 mana or whateer FT1 regen 1 etc?

The MQ *is* optional. You don't HAVE to get your ancient. You don't HAVE to get the most kick-ass aug in game. You don't HAVE to get a metric-ton of experience for doing it. You also dont *HAVE* to level up to 65. You can stay level 1 and exp lock if you want. If you don't want to play the game, why are you playing it?

there are requirements for things thats just how games are.

you want best spells you need to qualify yourself. if that happens to be thru MQ .. so be it.

Its already been stated, but it IS optional. If you dont want to do it, dont.

If you want ancients/relics, well, then you have to perform the prerequisites. Same reason you cant get Newport ring 5 without going through the first four. Prerequisites. I dont see this changing.

[...]For the gamer that hates questing[...]
TBH, I don't understand this statement at all. I'm sure there are plenty of power gamers out there who wouldn’t want to bother with quests without a good time to reward ratio, but from a purely power-gaming perspective this is still a great quest. The quest consists mainly of killing stuff and collecting items in order to make your character more powerful which is pretty much a description of the entire game.

Thats like saying you shouldn't have to do the key quests in WoW in to be able to get into the raid zones, you should be able to walk in with no proof your able to do anything, and just try to kill shit.

Its there for two reasons - to make you learn the lore, which is fascinating in its own right, and will continue shortly with the release of Ikisith. Second reason is simple too, if you aren't willing to commit to doing such a simple quest that is detailed fully (except for question answers) on the Wiki, you don't deserve the best aug and best spells in the game. It is also the ONLY single thing that anybody is required to do on this server, apart from follow the rather lenient rules that are set in place, based on freakin common sense.

In other words, MQ will not be put on the sidelines, as it shouldn't be, and if it ever does, it will be a sad sad sad day in Dalaya.

Thats like saying you shouldn't have to do the key quests in WoW in to be able to get into the raid zones, you should be able to walk in with no proof your able to do anything, and just try to kill shit.

Its there for two reasons - to make you learn the lore, which is fascinating in its own right, and will continue shortly with the release of Ikisith. Second reason is simple too, if you aren't willing to commit to doing such a simple quest that is detailed fully (except for question answers) on the Wiki, you don't deserve the best aug and best spells in the game. It is also the ONLY single thing that anybody is required to do on this server, apart from follow the rather lenient rules that are set in place, based on freakin common sense.

In other words, MQ will not be put on the sidelines, as it shouldn't be, and if it ever does, it will be a sad sad sad day in Dalaya.

tbh i wouldn't doubt the MQ aug completely will be a prerequisite to something in ikisith like a portal to ikisith or something.

WoW seemed to have removed alot of the keying attunement, but this allows in lots of dumbies.

The mq is mostly soloable, only part that really isn't (without being a top 5 character) is the warmachine. can duo or trio that.

tbh i wouldn't doubt the MQ aug completely will be a prerequisite to something in ikisith like a portal to ikisith or something.

WoW seemed to have removed alot of the keying attunement, but this allows in lots of dumbies.

The mq is mostly soloable, only part that really isn't (without being a top 5 character) is the warmachine. can duo or trio that.

Devs have already stated MQ will be continued in Ikisith, so I figure it will be somewhat required, more than likely the key to access it wont be included in MQ, it will be its own thing.

Fairly certain new spells will still require access to the same people as before, or someone new to be added versed in a different language, requiring further MQ finishing to access him.

Back
Top Bottom