Dalayan Master
Thread is for:

I) Mage elemental form aa's
1) Stacking issues
2) Zone usage issues
3) Suggested changes

Thread is not for:

I) Things not of the above

Anyways as per what I said in the other thread here http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/forum/index.php?topic=14490.0. Posting this for a discussion of these in the correct place.

There are a few problems with the elemental forms. The most notable being earth form loosing pretty much all of it's usefullness very early on because it fails in stacking with dragon/giant or combine bp clicky. As all the elemental forms are fairly expensive, a mage generally will not have any single one maxed out for quite a while, probably after they have already acquired this clicky. This pretty much leaves one without the desire to use it whatsoever, or having pretty much have wasted aa's if they had acquired it previously. Request is for this to stack with dragon/giant bp and combine, as it certainly wouldn't be overpowering, and would promote a little more variety among the elemental form choices than just. Get air. Get water. Done.

The next (albeit pretty minor) issue is with fireform. Fire elemental form adds intelligence (10 points /rank iirc) making it a very decent choice pre-maxing int. It also adds a hefty dose of ds, but for some reason adds...attack? Making it not stack with sv. Apart from being pretty silly, later on this form has little if any use (once one has maxed int) as while big ds is fun, it has little practical use self only on a caster, and as for the attack...well that's kind of obvious what utility that has for a caster, plus it is the source of the stacking issue. My suggestion for this is to instead replace the attack with something useful, such as charisma (this may run into it's own stacking issues) to eliminate the stacking issue with sv. Though SSS is more desirable for a caster, it is not always available on raids. The stacking issue with sv is a major limitation of the usefulness of the AA, and if changed it would lead to it being more desirable, giving more reason to get this AA early on (for the int bonus) and actually max it later for more reasons than just I ran out of better aa's and it's either this or innate wisdom. Again I don't see the ds as a problem with this AA whatsoever, and it is a fun part of the AA.

Waterform seems to be the most well rounded one, with apparently no stacking issues whatsoever, and tends to be the most used in zones where one can not levitate. I really don't see any problems with this form whatsoever.

Air elemental form's only major drawback is simply the amount of zones where levitate cannot be used. Others have also reported stacking issues with flight of the eagles, though that I think is a relatively minor concern, just get regular sow. It is hands down the most useful form for raids, and even xp groups later on. Personally I think should the levi issue be fixed, very few people would even consider getting the other forms, and as it stands, water and air maxed is all one really needs to ever do because of the stacking issues with the others. I don't particularly see a huge problem with it not being available in all zones, as it seems almost necessary to encourage people to invest in other forms. Getting rid of that issue might make it too powerful.

Anyways that's my take on em' discuss folks.

vistachiri said:
There are a few problems with the elemental forms. The most notable being earth form loosing pretty much all of it's usefullness very early on because it fails in stacking with dragon/giant or combine bp clicky. As all the elemental forms are fairly expensive, a mage generally will not have any single one maxed out for quite a while, probably after they have already acquired this clicky. This pretty much leaves one without the desire to use it whatsoever, or having pretty much have wasted aa's if they had acquired it previously. Request is for this to stack with dragon/giant bp and combine, as it certainly wouldn't be overpowering, and would promote a little more variety among the elemental form choices than just. Get air. Get water. Done.
The whole Earth form not stacking with the clickies is a big problem. I have bought Air and Earth on Brimz personally since Air can't be used in alot of zones, and Earth is a suitable to use instead. However if I get combine I will be pretty SOL.

I really don't think that making Earth stack with Combine/Giant/Dragon clickies would be overpowering at all, and I would really like to see it stack.

its not like we have much buff slots open to put all those self clickies + raid buffs, so imo it wouldnt be overpowered solving the stacking issues... it would be more used in solo ocasions, or in mobs that you dont need Ward(chanter) or SoS(druid) or Mage DS.

Anyways, id love to see it change, altho i a lot more excited about all this wait on our dps... Wiz made a post sayin they were parsing, but that has been a while ago already :(

The parses were actually decent, I didn't expect those results tbh. Even though you don't have such conditions on all raid encounters..

I support the original idea of removing the stacking issues with sv and giant/combine clicky.
I'd rather see a bit of AC on fire form instead of attack, since you don't need extra DS if you don't tank.

Another thing I almost forgot, if it were possible to allow them to stack with regular race illusions as well would be nice. This way a mage can actually keep a cosmetic illusion for more than a day or so without limiting their class abilities.

DMF Overwriting Air Elem form is something that happens too, not sure if the rest of you where aware, but if you are making a stacking argument it might be something to bring up! (Hi this is 6 am Temellin, so like I'm not 100% sure right now, but I am pretty sure I made my mage buddies cranky faced when ever I DMF because they lost stuff and it's a pain to recast or something)

Temellin said:
(Hi this is 6 am Temellin, so like I'm not 100% sure right now, but I am pretty sure I made my mage buddies cranky faced when ever I DMF because they lost stuff and it's a pain to recast or something)

Yea, you did! :mad:

Haha jk, but yea... the fact that foe and dmf overwrite air is inconvenient to say the least.

edit: wth... why did it insert the word company into my sentence. I didn't say anything that would make sense for it to do that. >.> fixin' that.

Temellin said:
DMF Overwriting Air Elem form is something that happens too, not sure if the rest of you where aware, but if you are making a stacking argument it might be something to bring up! (Hi this is 6 am Temellin, so like I'm not 100% sure right now, but I am pretty sure I made my mage buddies cranky faced when ever I DMF because they lost stuff and it's a pain to recast or something)

truth, forgot about that one.

Got a little bored, so here is the info from the spell parser

Air Elemental Form
Slot 1: Illusion: Elemental
Slot 3: Levitate (1)
Slot 8: Increase Mana by 1,2,4 per tick
Slot 11: See Invisible (1)
Slot 12: Increase All Resists by 10,15,25

Water Elemental Form
Slot 2: Water Breathing (1)
Slot 12: Increase Hitpoints by 4,8,15 per tick

Fire Elemental Form
Slot 2: Increase Damage Shield by 10,20,30
Slot 11: Increase Intelligence by 10,15,20
Slot 12: Increase Attack by 25,50,100

Earth Elemental Form
Slot 10: Increase Stamina by 10,15,20
Slot 11: Increase Max Hitpoints by 50,100,200
Slot 12: Increase Current Hitpoints by 50,100,200

My Ideas
Rremove Levitate from Air and replace it with Ultravision
If that makes it too powerful, change it to
10,15,25 Cold/Fire and 6,12,18 Magic, Poison, Disease

but if it to remain unusable in so many zones,
Add 4,8,12 Magic Resist to Water
Change Fire's Attack to 4,8,12 Fire Resist

If Earth's stacking is fixed, it looks fine to me

Putting fire on a fire form while fire pet isn't known to be the best tank , don't think it's relevant. The ATK component on the other hand isn't really useful. Leaving the DS component and adding some good FR as suggested by Goatface ? might bring other stacking probs though...and apparently resists seems to be limited to Air only, or Water would get CR. I don't dare ask for spell dmg focii *hide*. Or put CHA instead of INT, but somehow I see it would be overpowered suddenly.

Removing levitate from air form, don't think so ; if it's the best form it has a big drawback, hence the need to have at least one other interesting form.

Earth could see much more HP added, to simply replace SV/SSS ( say , 225-250-275 HP line, while removing STA or lessening it maybe).

Could the fire elemental form be made into a buff that you can cast on others with the recast and duration made the same so you could only keep it up on one person? This would make it into a fairly useful buff with the stackable DS and FR on the MT at the very least, and quiet some grumbles about the Druid DS without actually stepping on the Druid's toes.

Back
Top Bottom