Low tier raid zones

Aulian

Dalayan Beginner
Would you ever consider making low tier raid gear (such as tier 1-4/5) gear dropable. Currently no one hits any of the low tier mobs except maybe as relic snipes, and relics would obviously stay no drop. All new players go to Hate which is a 1 stop shop for every slot to get gear up to tier 5-6 with one group. This would give alternate farming spots for people, the mobs have long enough respawns they couldn't be constantly farmed over and over, would give higher end people a reason to hit those zones while bringing new people for relics / specific items they may use, and in general reinvigorate zones that are never entered. Alternatively if not BoE, allow the gear to be turned in for either charm credit, some sort of higher end potions, or augs.

you could literally just bring alts and farm these places. I dont believe anyone would rework all those zones just to make the gear no drop. I could be wrong but if your intention is to gear new characters you have more options now than ever before.

Not to gear new characters specifically na, more so as an alternative farming option thats more fun and requires more than 1 person 2 boxing, that results in either cash, augs, potions, some sort of reward. Literally all tier 1-5 raid zones go unused, 6-9 maybe OCCASIONALLY get hit. There's some fun (and less fun but still cool to see) fights out there that offer more to do than just farm the same zone over and over, that go totaly untouched because the gear just isnt worthwhile at all anymore with Hate or other BoEs. Would just give a reason to do those zones again with like an xp group.

if you're looking for harder exp then that is an option that is on the list of things being looked at.

Having someone dedicate time in changing all the fights, zones, etc... is probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Right now Citadel and FR are blessed. you should probably exp in there.

I didn't mean changing the fights, just leaving them as is but either making gear sellable, or tradeable for some sort of alt currency that lets you buy like refuge tokens or higher end potions.

i floated the idea of making low tier raid loot tradable once in SoD discord and then some admin or dev i hadnt seen in 6 years and havent seen since started rambling about how people only want to be fed strats nowadays and everyone is a baby. it was karit or kestrella maybe? are they the same person? idr. so i assume based off of that conversation alone this idea will never happen.

but yea i like the idea of making lower tier loot / any planar loot tradeable. Give it very little value to vendors so it forces either a player economy or people have incentive to give the loot to new guys. i thought it'd be an amusing way to gear alts as well, for either hate / fear or a level 55 adept slayer etc. gives some relevance to content that probably hasnt been raided on tier since the bush administration other than for relics / obscure quest drops / people accidentally duoing it.

Are people expected to just jump into PoF/PoH after they grind up a few AAs today? I see the progression as getting the basic AAs (250?) and then doing POF. I don't think it would hurt to turn everything worse than POF loot to be worthless and tradeable. Obviously do not change any item people still actively might want to do the content for like a clicky or quest item? I do like this idea.

Are people expected to just jump into PoF/PoH after they grind up a few AAs today? I see the progression as getting the basic AAs (250?) and then doing POF. I don't think it would hurt to turn everything worse than POF loot to be worthless and tradeable. Obviously do not change any item people still actively might want to do the content for like a clicky or quest item? I do like this idea.
requiem of hate can be done with naked characters and characters that aren't even level 65. it is the most entry level zone there is. unsure about where fear falls, but i'd imagine you want more or less full set of hate quality gear.

it'd be nice if some of the raid trash mob drops that had stats were droppable. then some raiders could get some shit to sell to pay for charms.

Make rank 4 bounties in raid zones t1-9 .. Idk litterally sooo much unused waisted content.. Idk about bounties... But giving people an incentive to go to old raid zones would probably increase the quality of the players experience.. U know cuz its basically fr or bust or whatever one of the 2-4 good xp
zones

that's a super good idea. also i like the idea of folsk doing things that clear raid trash so that if anyone wants a fast snipe they could get one =D

Back
Top Bottom