Low LvL group buffs

Renshu

Dalayan Elder
I did a search and found some thread on this but there was no staff feedback.

Id like to suggest that more lower lvl group buffs be implemented. On my alt cleric (lvl 24), its a real PITA to keep everyone buffed. It seems that the first cleric group HP buff, heroic bond, is lvl 51.

When leveling my shaman, it was SUCH a blessing to get to the appropriate lvl for my group buffs. I remember doing the treant adept mob in my 30's and casting Str/Sta/Agi/Dex/Chr/haste/HP/AC on two groups. Not everyone got every spell, but It was a major PITA with single target spells.

I understand that not every buff can be groupable, but I think that the major buffs of each class should. I don't see this as a problem with balancing. I think it would just be a great convenience for everyone that is trying to lvl up.

I never really found it to be a big deal, and it's part of how progression "works." Yeah, occasionally I would get lazy, but you can always just buff the tank and yourself, and any melees that take a lot of damage, unless the casters ask you for it.

On the other hand, why should the lower the levels have the game "tediously" harder?
It takes nothing off anyone, and would just tremendously release the pain. When leveling my shaman I would gladly have had group buffs that would even cast 5 levels lower buffs just to cut on the tediousness.

savagechesecak said:
[...] and it's part of how progression "works." [...]

It doesn't really seam like spell progression more like part of the original game that the designers later decided was a pointless hassle. Spells created in later expansions don't follow this pattern.

I was a druid on live and I believe the group druid HP buffs came out with the moon expansion. They are in SoD.

Its rather odd to how shamans end up with a few group buffs, then go levels without any upgrade. They also have 2 Min-Mammoth/Panther buffs early on but then never get a upgrade until mammoth and panther.

A progression like..

Get new Single target buff at X level
Get new Group buff of SIngle target buffs that you had at X level.
Get new Single target buff to replace X level...
Repeat

Like mentioned even if it skiped a few levels so your early group buffs were 2 spell groups behind would still be useful.

I don't know why we don't have more low level group buffs, but why are you getting the idea it's because old Live was apparently made this way? SoD spells are completely independant from Live.

Kirin Folken said:
A progression like..

Get new Single target buff at X level
Get new Group buff of SIngle target buffs that you had at X level.
Get new Single target buff to replace X level...
Repeat

Like mentioned even if it skiped a few levels so your early group buffs were 2 spell groups behind would still be useful.

I do support this idea for the spells that don't use reagents, with manacost increased accordingly, just for the convenience of saving some time. (Hah, then again, people would probably never skill up their casting skills until higher levels :keke:).

Druid Group HP buffs

Protection of Wood lvl 9 - Group version of the lvl 1 spell.
Protection of Rock lvl 19 - Group version of the lvl 14 spells
Protection of Steel lvl 29 - Grop version of the lvl 24 spell
Then at lvl 39 Protection of Diamond The group version of the same lvl 39 spell Skin Like Diamond.

So, druid get a little hindrance to group HP buffs at the beginning, but they do get them. From 39 up, they get a group version of all of their current HP buffs.

Why can't clerics have something similar?

Druids also get pack regen and chloroplast, shamans do not get a group regen until lvl 56. Furthermore, Talisman of the Beast and Spirit of Bih`Li are the only group buffs that Shaman get pre-51 that i can recall. Aren't Shamans supposed to be the buff kings?

I'm not so familiar with the INT line of casters and their buffs. Do they get group buffs pre-50's (I mainly boxed to 65)

My personal experience is that druids are just more connected to the kind of pack mentality that would breed group buffs. Clerics are concerned with the needs of the individual as are shamans (in my mind) but druids look at the whole picture to decide what's best for the group. That said I can't say I'd mind seeing lower level group buffs for the other wis casters but it does add a little bit of flavour for the druids by them having a much different spell progression.

Just my 2cp

tinkaa said:
[...] but why are you getting the idea it's because old Live was apparently made this way? SoD spells are completely independant from Live. [...]

LiveSoD
Cleric Level 1 Spells

Strike
Minor Healing
Flash of Light
Courage
Cure Poison
True North
Divine Aura
Lull
Spook the Dead
Yaulp
Purify Soul

Spell: Strike 1 Single
Spell: Minor Healing 1 Single
Spell: Flash of Light 1 Single
Spell: Courage 1 Single
Spell: Cure Poison 1 Single
Spell: True North 1 Single
Spell: Divine Aura 1 Self
Spell: Lull 1 Single
Spell: Spook the Dead 1 Single
Spell: Yaulp 1 Self

Cleric Level 5 Spells

Holy Armor
Light Healing
Gate
Summon Drink
Cure Blindness
Cure Disease
Stun
Furor
Ward Undead
Reckless Strength

Spell: Holy Armor 5 Single
Spell: Light Healing 5 Single
Spell: Gate 5 Self
Spell: Summon Drink 5 Single
Spell: Cure Blindness 5 Single
Spell: Cure Disease 5 Single
Spell: Stun 5 Single
Spell: Ward Undead 5 Undead
Spell: Furor 5 Single

The first clue was when the spells were like exactly the same. But seriously, most of the low level spells have not been redesigned for SoD.

Back
Top Bottom