LORE Q&A M-M-MEGATHREAD

I was told he did a long time ago by someone who would know these things. I figured it would change or be forgotten, which is why I asked.

Admyrzza was definitely imprisoned for a reason, and her guardians are pretty insistent that letting her out would be a terrible idea. By and large though just about everything players do is pretty often shortsighted and self serving, raid plane of water sometime and see what I mean.

I dunno, I've only gone through IP so far, but the only guardian that didn't sound crazy and evil was Ulaz, and I suppose Taeshlin, iirc. But those guys like Gharontosh and Farguziar and Yashira all seemed pretty maniacal. I don't feel a bit bad for killing them. A does seem to have a pretty bad attitude though.

Oh here's another one; iirc, there are a lot of symbols in mielech C [i.e. the thorny looking circle thing] that bear a resemblance to symbols found in a lot of ruins in ikisith, not to mention the heartlands undercaverns.

Does this have something to do with the apparent commonality of all the different frogloks? Since the gruplok look so similar to the mielechians, does that have anything to do with it?

I have to say though, I really love the lore on this server, I'd say it's one of the main things that makes it better than live.

I was talking to a player the other day that started in 05. They explained that the Lands of Magic had been a part of SoD ingame, and that there was an event which ultimately removed it from the game. I knew that this had existed in the Lore, but didn't know that took place during SoD's playable past (WR obv). I guess I just assumed that it was part of the backstory that was created when the server was created.

Now, I was around for the Vah coming back from the Lands of Magic, and I'm doing the Vah now, so I wont ask anything bout them, but I am curious as to when the Taldorians came to Dalaya from the LoM. What year was this irl?

Also, I read about the corruption being worse than it is now, corrupted mobs being pretty pwn even, maybe? Was there a time when players were raiding the Badlands to clear them?

Was there a time when the Faydarks were raid zones?

I assume Athica was raided in order to liberate it, was that just an event, or was it a raid zone for a while? Any writeups?

What zones did WR start with? And which ones of those zone had to be freed? And when (roughly) did that freeing take place irl?

Last edited:
WR started with Odus and Velious content, Lands of Magic, the Plane of Torment, Plane of Air, and Tower of Tarhyl. Players started in Thurgadin if they were an "evil" race and Odus if they were "good." I guess snowdwarves don't discriminate. Freeport, Newport, Faydark et al came with the Trial of Tears expansion, not long before the Lands of Magic went kaboom. During the Trial of Tears beta, and up until they were cleansed, the Faydarks were higher level zones, but not really raid content, just places you didn't want to go alone.

I assume Athica was raided in order to liberate it, was that just an event, or was it a raid zone for a while? Any writeups?

Kind of sort of. There was an event, and there was a decent number of people present. There are some logs deep in the rp forum, but I'll sum it up.

Long story short Felwithe (Athica) wasn't ever resettled after the return. It was never overrun by the mist, and people basically considered it to be a haunted kinda bad place. So basically the bearers have a chat with the prophet and go fuck yeah! EXPLORE! and head over to what is now athica. Then a bit of fighting a horde of elven skeletons, eventually they meet up with the Heart of the city, which is pretty sentient as floating wisp hearts of cities go.

Basically athica is because high elves are fucking awesome at magic. The mists didn't touch it because the heart of the city allowed the mists to feed on parts of it. This cleared up the mist in that particular area. The city itself gave some insight into how the mist works, basically saying it traps people in it, and feeds on them, and they likewise need to feed on generally negative things and emotions (violence, chaos etc).

So basically then the bearers get Athica to agree to let them resettle the city, and the city was rebuilt by donations (of in game items) from the players. Jayelle became athica's mayor. Everything athica has was paid for basically.

Last edited:
"city was rebuilt by donations (of in game items) from the players."
"Everything athica has was paid for basically"

I'm confused, I get the roleplaying appeal of players donating things to rebuild a city, but I don't understand what the mechanics of that would be if it actually involved in game items; what sorts of things did they donate?

"city was rebuilt by donations (of in game items) from the players."
"Everything athica has was paid for basically"

I'm confused, I get the roleplaying appeal of players donating things to rebuild a city, but I don't understand what the mechanics of that would be if it actually involved in game items; what sorts of things did they donate?

Basically it goes like this. People would figure out what was wanted, like a translocator, guards outside the city, a working bank, 24 hour vendors, etc. Each would take up a project slot, there were so many slots. Once something was planned, it was decided how much it would cost (by Wiz). Then people would gather up materials, and get them to whoever happened to be accepting them. There was some talk about getting an npc to accept donations, don't remember if that ever actually panned out. Too long ago.

We're talking pretty much anything, hides, plat, I recall something about handmade backpacks someone was going on about in beyond like a millionty years ago, etc.

Back
Top Bottom