LORE Q&A M-M-MEGATHREAD

jayla's alignment makes me so furious i can't even think about posting about it

that's all i have on this thread except that sivyana built dfs in the same mental state as that astronaut woman charging across the country all diapered-up in that van.

oh also all species of frog-human are distantly related.. some of the schisms are genetic and others are philosophical

How have the Badlands been corrupted originally?
I know how they have been more or less cleansed (obviously) but I haven't been able to figure out if it was the Bloodblade brothers or if it is connected to the fate of Highkeep and the likes.

How have the Badlands been corrupted originally?
I know how they have been more or less cleansed (obviously) but I haven't been able to figure out if it was the Bloodblade brothers or if it is connected to the fate of Highkeep and the likes.

The corruption is something Kaezul did.

Why did Kaezul corrupt Myr'Za... Admyrrza?

Are there any more of Myr'Zarad's first brood left over?

What's the deal with the thing in the shield in Storm's Eye?

How did the Vandathian's come about?

What's up with the Pool, and why does it need a Great Guardian?

What the hell is up with this Magus character :[

Well yeah. But it was said awhile ago that the Velious style dragons were all parts of her first brood. I figured this had changed or been forgotten, but wanted to see.

that's all i have on this thread except that sivyana built dfs in the same mental state as that astronaut woman charging across the country all diapered-up in that van.
Sivyana didn't build DFS, one of her worshippers did. And yes, he was batshit insane.

Why are the wyverns in wyvernfang not on Dragon faction? What is Tidefang's story and why isn't he on Dragon faction? Why aren't the wyverns in wyvernfang "social"

Cyrtho Malath is one of the few pieces of the Lands of Magic that is known to have survived. Witnesses in Lake Starfall claim to have seen it fall from the sky, landing just west of the lake itself. How it survived isn't known, but it's believed the Ysthar protected it somehow.

Taking a step back, there are 3 races that were created by Malath: the Taldorians, the Ysthar, and the Akhevans. The Taldorians are pretty well known as a playable race. The Ysthar are rather secretive, primarily located in Cyrtho Malath trying to REDACTED which is explained as you progress through the wings of the zone. The Akhevans are much less known, even. The Mansion of Portals appears to have been of Akhevan origin, though, and some of the presences that roam there seem to be of Akhevan origin as well.

Short version: It's a Ysthar temple-ish place that fell from the sky.

it's where tyzalik et al summon the spirits of the dead

so, I guess it's a portal to some land of spirits and such

edit: but ya, it seems like it ought to be more than that. The spirits that come out of there aren't even that special. They're mostly pretty generic actually.

Last edited:
Extra question: why is the door to ye olde clerics guild in rivervale sealed shut? What's in there? Something heinously evil? Will we find out? Is it really just part of one of those quests that I never did?

This is only kind of lore-ish related, but what are all the iksar in the murk and field of bone guarding around the old cabillis zone in? Is there some kind of iksar city there?

Why did Kaezul corrupt Myr'Za... Admyrrza?

Are there any more of Myr'Zarad's first brood left over?

Does Kaezul really have something to do with the whole Adymrrza situation? Does this mean that everybody trying to free her is a bad thing?
On the A. situation, what do the goblins that used to inhabit Everchill have to do with her?
And what do the current residents of Everchill, including the guardian of the sun shrine have to do with the imprisoners of admyrzza? EDIT: wait, this one's explained pretty early on in the quest, at least w/r/t the gotss.
Do the orcs in everchill have anything to do with the orcs in eastern wastes? Are they all called oathbreakers and forsworn because they gave up on their charge to defend the sun shrine?

Last edited:
This is only kind of lore-ish related, but what are all the iksar in the murk and field of bone guarding around the old cabillis zone in? Is there some kind of iksar city there?
They are guarding their city, New Ikild. (Phase II...)

Does Kaezul really have something to do with the whole Adymrrza situation? Does this mean that everybody trying to free her is a bad thing?

Why do you say "really," is it hinted somewhere that he does?

Admyrzza was definitely imprisoned for a reason, and her guardians are pretty insistent that letting her out would be a terrible idea. By and large though just about everything players do is pretty often shortsighted and self serving, raid plane of water sometime and see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom