listsold bug

crunchy

*Web Developer and Fomelo Guru*
Listsold seems to be bugged a bit.

On tuesday afternoon, I tried to purchase an item from a listsold I had just viewed. It gave me the error message that the item was not there.

I verified the spelling and the number. Both were correct. Nor was this the first time I've purchased through the listsold system.

Normally when this happens, it's assumed that the item had been sold already in another zone.

However, the seller was in the same zone as I, and he verified that the item had not been sold. It was still in the listsold bag. He ended up selling it to me by trade window, in fact.

So it doesn't seem to be simply an update delay across zones issue. Admittedly I don't know how the listsold system is written. I had been hearing similar bugs where it was sold and the listsold didn't get updated yet. I had assumed that each zone is keeping it's own list.

If it's the same bug and all banks go with one list, then nevermind. I don't really understand how the listsold display would ever be different from the listbuy result then, but there's probably a good reason.

Had this bug too a week ago when i browsed the vendors list...

on a few vendors when i tryed to buy something, it gave me the message
that "the vendor was not selling any item #number" but still this #number
was there after another /cm listsold #name

Happened to my character too as i sold some pieces of gear recently, and when i listsold myself to check all my prices, one already sold item was still appearing on my selling list :-/

JayelleNephilim said:
Yea, this bug has been brought up a few times before and something the staff is aware of. If I remember correctly it has something to do with the database being lagged in certain bank locations (I don't get into all that technical stuff so someone else can explain in more detail :keke: ).

Ok. I thought maybe this was a different bug since it seemed to be the opposite situation than normal.

Normal situation: item is sold but listsold isn't updated and continues to show the item.
This situation: item isn't sold, listsold shows it's available, listbuy can't find it.

One more tip, if you zone to your house and use listsold from there, I've never gotten an out-of-date listing. I suspect it's because the house is instanced, so when you go there and use listsold it uses a freshly created list.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
One more tip, if you zone to your house and use listsold from there, I've never gotten an out-of-date listing. I suspect it's because the house is instanced, so when you go there and use listsold it uses a freshly created list.

Correct. Something is buggy in the system that sends list updates to the zones - not sure what though.

Back
Top Bottom