Legacy of the Dragonkin illusion stacking

Haenir

Dalayan Master
The dragon sword proc illusion doesn't stack with somatic bond -- is this working as intended?

The non-stacking probably made sense when both effects added +atk.. but neither do anymore.

I can't say for what's intended, but both somatic bond and the dragon sword proc have a type 8 illusion so programatically it makes sense. This is opposed to other "normal" illusions (werefrog, chanter illusions) that are type 1 typically.

I think there was a patch that was supposed to fix this a long time ago but I don't remember there ever being a point where I could Boon/SBond rogues without it interfering with dragon sword proc.

If someone can show definitively that this was intended like with an old post then i can add this to the "I'll poke around on this eventually list". Otherwise, it's really difficult to prove what was intended in this specific situation.

I said something ages ago to slaar about this and he said he'd look into it. Iirc the conversation leaned toward him making them stack but never got around to it.

Since we are talking about rogues, any reason non melee trap damage can't crit?

from what i recall it originally stacked but someone (Maybe Marza cant recall) changed it so it no longer did. the whys and such are lost in time.

Originally Legacy of the Dragonkin was created to be GoG lite, which is why it blocked GoG. Since then GoG has be completely reworked, and the power of Legacy of the Dragonkin has been lowered as well. I really see no reason these two things should not stack at this point.

Having said that, I don't really think it matters what was or wasn't intended for something that is over 5 years old if it doesn't make sense with the current game.

Originally Legacy of the Dragonkin was created to be GoG lite, which is why it blocked GoG. Since then GoG has be completely reworked, and the power of Legacy of the Dragonkin has been lowered as well. I really see no reason these two things should not stack at this point.

Having said that, I don't really think it matters what was or wasn't intended for something that is over 5 years old if it doesn't make sense with the current game.

So with this can we have the stacking stuff fixed?

Back
Top Bottom