Keys, house

Otcho

Dalayan Pious Diety
So as far as I know keys dont operate from storage containers in house storage (Infact I haven't even tried do to not knowing what key does anything anymore, also laziness) however my request is two fold:

1) is it possible to make keys work from the house

and or

2) make a purchasable npc/box/something to put in the house and hold all my keys, since they are currently dominating my bank space.

2) make a purchasable npc/box/something to put in the house and hold all my keys, since they are currently dominating my bank space.
A problem with this is that if you have several toons on the same account, sharing the same house, whoms keys are the ones in the box?

A problem with this is that if you have several toons on the same account, sharing the same house, whoms keys are the ones in the box?

I never even noticed the house was shared via account , however In this case I assumed it might be possible to flag the npc/whatever by the player who placed it.

TBH why does someone need keys for so many people?

I don't know what you mean, my problem is I have about 4 bags of keys in the bank hogging room that I would rather have for other things.

Came up in vent earlier, but how about a book, kinda like a tome. When you open it, put a key inside, and hit combine, it inscribes the name of the key into the book. Thus allowing the book the capability to open that door, and eating the key.

I can take devil's advocate and say why not destroy the keys you don't want. Weigh the value of that bank slot versus how much you really want that key. If you don't want to destroy them then they cost you a slot. Have your cake and eat it too? I think not

I can take devil's advocate and say why not destroy the keys you don't want. Weigh the value of that bank slot versus how much you really want that key. If you don't want to destroy them then they cost you a slot. Have your cake and eat it too? I think not

That is certainly an option that I've considered, however. I have 0 idea what 90% of them are for :(

I support the idea of a single container type keyring item that you put your key in and hit the button flagging your character as keyed for that door. Id be fine with such an item taking up an upper level bank slot as well rather than being bagable itself. It just seems obsurd to me that I have a large box that I can put 10 small keys OR 10 battle axes in.

This has been on the coder "to do" list for a long, long time. It just happens to be complicated enough that it has been put on the backburner time and time again.

I would not expect it to soon if I were you - but its already been agreed on that it would be nice.

This has been on the coder "to do" list for a long, long time. It just happens to be complicated enough that it has been put on the backburner time and time again.

I would not expect it to soon if I were you - but its already been agreed on that it would be nice.

:) well atleast this thread eased my mind about the subject , glad to know its being considered

Back
Top Bottom