Item statistics window comment

nikovdh

Dalayan Beginner
Perhaps this is a personal issue, or perhaps other people feel the same way but..

The item I am describing is the window when you hold down the right mouse button on any item in the game and it shows you the statistics.

The change in this window in EQ-Live, was one of the main things that kept me from playing that game again. The way it is right now in Shards of Dalay is the classic-version, where all the stats are shown close together in shortened form. Easily glanced at, compact, attractive/fun to look at, visually rewarding if you will. However, the newer modern-EQ version is big, too spread out, over-done. Im my opinion the new version is highly unappealing.. and your items are the pride of your efforts. You put a lot of effort into obtaining items, and something as simple as the window that you look at when you glance at the stats, at least to me, seems to make a big difference in the appeal of the game despite the small part it takes in the game as a whole.

Perhaps our devs may be able to somehow keep the classic-version in if it matters enough. I know it matters a whole lot to me. Before you tell me to change my UI component, there is no component for the statistics window, so you cannot modify that in that way.

Last edited:
Perhaps this is a personal issue, or perhaps other people feel the same way but..

The item I am describing is the window when you hold down the right mouse button on any item in the game and it shows you the statistics.

The change in this window in EQ-Live, was one of the main things that kept me from playing that game again. The way it is right now in Shards of Dalay is the classic-version, where all the stats are shown close together in shortened form. Easily glanced at, compact, attractive/fun to look at, visually rewarding if you will. However, the newer modern-EQ version is big, too spread out, over-done. Im my opinion the new version is highly unappealing.. and your items are the pride of your efforts. You put a lot of effort into obtaining items, and something as simple as the window that you look at when you glance at the stats, at least to me, seems to make a big difference in the appeal of the game despite the small part it takes in the game as a whole.

Perhaps our devs may be able to somehow keep the classic-version in if it matters enough. I know it matters a whole lot to me. Before you tell me to change my UI component, there is no component for the statistics window, so you cannot modify that in that way.

Unfortunately, we don't have control over that section of the UI. It's a bit more complicated than just waving a magic wand and fixing the UI in its current form.

That being said we'll pursue aesthetics of that window at a later date. It's not important now, but your comment is noted (and you aren't the only one who shares in that comment.)

Yes the Item Window is a big deal and its one my first questions I asked when all the Client upgrade stuff started. A horrible item window design put in around a bit after serpents spine expansion.

I would hope that you would play a game more for the gameplay than for the way a certain box of text is formatted. You know, ultimately.

I think you would be dissapointed in me then, lol.
I usually don't even have to think about item statistic windows in games because they design them well, but a few of them are just atrocious.. one of them being in EverQuest after they changed it.

Well, that change was needed for all the extra stat effects they added to items, they older window just couldn't hold them all. I agree though, the older version is better. Hopefully once major issues are worked out, it is something they will be able to look at.

Back
Top Bottom