Issue with logging in and zoning

juljani

Dalayan Beginner
The game was working fine for me until last night (oct/09/11) went ld and cant seem to log into characters after they have zoned, i can log into characters but if i zone with them i cant seem to get them past the log in screen just kicks me back to server select. Oddly enough if i skip my router and directly connect to the moden i seem to be able to play. My internet is running lightning fast currently so it isnt timing out related to speed. I had no issue playing for over a year with router 3 people play shards from this router and all three of us are having the same SOD issue.

in the dbg. text file i found this after zoning a character

C:\EverQuest\Live_Working_Set\Patch_12-18-03\Everquest\EverQuest.cpp:17817 (GetZoneInfo) g_world is NULL

Mon Oct 10 20:14:52 2011]00260:Character is .

[Mon Oct 10 20:14:55 2011]00261:nError is TRUE at C:\EverQuest\Live_Working_Set\Patch_12-18-03\Everquest\EverQuest.cpp:20816

[Mon Oct 10 20:14:55 2011]00262:processGame. Exiting normally.

only other thread i found containing this verbage was from 2004...

In the last week I have been having the same issue and also seen people in chat with it.

Everytime I either zone or login their is at least a 50% it will lock up for 3 mins or so and then boot back to server login. I've tried with boxing and also playing one version of the game and it still happens.

Any answers?

When was the last time you ran the patcher? If it has been a while i would run it. You may be missing files.

If you are getting that message, you are getting to the login server then not loading data. There could be a couple potential reasons for this, one is routing related.

It is possible that a router on your path to the server is over loaded and saturated. at this point, you should run a "pathping" to the server and see if either the tracert section is being dropped completely or partially at some point in the route.

Second, a new class of staff was recently recruited and frankly we just have a wait a bit until they learn not to divide by zero. Because this happens every time new staff is recruited.

In either case, it will probably be a week or so until it clears up.

Last edited:
This is still hassling me and it's getting beyond a joke. I shouldnt have to repatch 4 or 5 times just to log in or zone.

Any help?

Bumblebeetuna11: Please check your dbg.txt. Do you have the same error as the OP? If not, please create your own thread instead of posting in multiple other "similar" issues. Client crashes can be caused by all sorts of things.

If you are experiencing the same error as juljani, please read Velleity's post. Instead of just bumping the thread asking for "any help"without giving any real information, please accept the help that was already offered.

Last edited:
from another thread;

Go to Start -> Run -> Type "cmd" # Without quotes

Then at the command prompt type;

pathping -n www.shardsofdalaya.com >> output.txt
ping www.shardsofdalaya.com >> output.txt

Open output.txt with notepad or wordpad.
Cut and paste the whole results here.

Also, if you get the error once you absolutely should
restart the client. It doesn't clear up even though the condition
which caused it may be gone.

and to check windows firewall rules;

# Show windows firewall ports on a local computer
# If you have admin access to a remote computer
# "psexec netsh firewall show portopening" should probably do it.
#
# You will need to execute powershell in admin mode.
# Start key -> Accessories -> Powershell
# Right click powershell and run as admin
#
# At this point, powershell is set not to execute scripts for your protection
# (I know right) But you still want to check.
# type> get-executionpolicy
#
# It will probably return "Restricted". If it returns "RemoteSigned" or
# "UnRestricted" you can proceed to the last step. If restricted;
# type> set-executionpolicy RemoteSigned
#
# At this point, cut and paste this into notepad and save it as something
# firewallports.ps1 and execute ./firewallports.ps1

Function Get-EnabledRules
{
Param($profile)
$rules = (New-Object -comObject HNetCfg.FwPolicy2).rules
$rules = $rules | where-object {$_.Enabled -eq $true}
$rules = $rules | where-object {$_.Profiles -bAND $profile}
$rules
}

$networkListManager = [Activator]::CreateInstance([Type]::GetTypeFromCLSID([Guid]"{DCB00C01-570F-4A9B-8D69-199FDBA5723B}"))
$connections = $networkListManager.GetNetworkConnections()
[int[] ] $connTypes = @()
$connTypes = ($connections | % {$_.GetNetwork().GetCategory()})
#$connTypes += 1
Write-Host $connTypes

$connTypes | ForEach-Object {Get-EnabledRules -profile $_ | sort localports,Protocol | format-table -wrap -autosize -property Name, @{Label="Action";expression={$_.action}}, @{Label="Protocol"; expression={$_.protocol}}, localPorts, remotePorts, applicationname}

If you are using linux;

"iptables -L"

will do it.

Back
Top Bottom