Infranywound Stricumen

DodoBot

Dalayan Elder

Infranywound Stricumen

The item in question recently dropped from a planar map, and I've got some real questions as to the design goals with this item. When it first dropped, this item was given to an enchanter with the hope of the proc cloning charm pets. Miraculously it worked, and it seemed really fun... but unfortunately it also sometimes crashed zones. This was later hotfixed to make the proc no longer work on charmed pets (including the runework pet). With the state of enchanter melee being pretty bad due to Cascading Bond sharing a cooldown with AOD / Bond (and not being on a hotkey or passive), the reward for meleeing with this is very low because the procrequires the animation. Mages / Wizards might have a little better time with the proc, but are substantially worse with melee damage output because they have no cascading bond tome... and the mage is going to want to avoid rains. I'm not really sure how this would work with necro pets, but I'm assuming poorly. The other issue is that the clones don't last very long =(

So that leaves us with essentially an upgraded spire of destruction with a bad proc that has some potentially cool uses on a beastlord... if the clone can actually mimic all of the stance abilities.

What I would love to see is this work with charm again... remember, the clones don't last very long. Barring that, perhaps rework either the proc or supporting abilities to make this more practical to use in melee for each of the classes listed on it. Maybe a unique proc that does something different with the pets depending on what class has it equipped as a scripted effect. It is a VERY cool idea, I just wish it played out better. Thoughts?

I don't have this item to test but I think I have a good guess why it is causing zone crashes. there is a pet bug that existed at least as far back as the last major client update because at that time some people used it to crash zones intentionally to reset them since the devs were all away on vacation leaving no staff to do server resets. guessing whoever developed this item was unaware or forgot about it.

Pretty sure wizards proccing it will just get two times the annoying flapping. The alternate DMG Inc 9 item is nice at least, especially on something you can actually swing: theres just not that many DI 9 options till Silent Halls there (and going from dmg inc 8.3 + boka to dmg inc 9 [soulsong] you actually lose like 60 fire damage, so a 2hander with 40 fire damage on it will sort of make that up anyway).

(Shame there isnt an actual straight upgrade to Spire of Destruction tho for real, fire damage and proc wise, or even an ice version like the Spike of Frost for wizards)

Double the flapping, double the fun. That's what I always say. I wonder, when it mimics a wiz pet if that would double up on your increased mana pool and regen and if they'd last long enough to start casting spells.

This can't work with charmed pets in the way that was intended. However, charmed pets and wizard familiars now get their own special proc which is separate from the cloning effect for traditional combat pets.

I was trying to hire the lowest bidder and inadvertently hired the one lowest to the ground instead.

Back
Top Bottom