If you patched since the 10th Please Read

Mythryn

Dalayan Master
I also patched (after the 1017 bug when LethalEncounter purged accounts) to GoD and on the 18th. I found a way to play on WR

I had the following things:
EQFix (can't remember where I got it, don't ask) which is the eqgame.exe from December 23rd
Default Uifiles from before the patch on the 18th.
I patched all my files up to date and then replaced the latest eqgame.exe with the EQFix eqgame.exe. I then replaced my default UIfiles with ones pre-patch.
Copied latest WRFiles
Ran eqgame.exe patchme
Connected to WR (got through)
Created a new character
{}NOTE{} If creating a new character please note that the class buttons are wrong. ie if you want to be a druid pick an enchanter. (read the descriptions of the classes to find out what it really is)
Logged on my new character and found that you cannot close any windows (no close button) so I downloaded a new UI from www.eqgui.com and loaded it, which fixed the problem.

Any questions then PM me, and I can clarify

I ended up patching the 18th too, if anyone happens to have a Fix for the UI available, (default one please) that'd be great. =)

is there anyway to get ahold of those backup files that you saved silvar?
i have been constantly patching since last august and this is my first attempt at playing on an emulated server

bugger, i got a client crash error, gonna try a fresh install and work from there, thanks for the files though

pike said:
bugger, i got a client crash error, gonna try a fresh install and work from there, thanks for the files though

That happens to everyone and is not necessarily version related.

the eq fix doesnt seem to fix the problem if you patched 18th

i patched after the 18th and 5.5 still works fine, i think you have to have the old ui files and eqgame to play pre 5.5.

Ampman said:
the eq fix doesnt seem to fix the problem if you patched 18th

i patched after the 18th and 5.5 still works fine, i think you have to have the old ui files and eqgame to play pre 5.5.

Both are included in my EQFix

well, with you guys help i have gotten as far as character creation, but after choosing a race and class and hitting next for name and diety selection the client crashes again, so unless you guys have any more magic tricks you are willing to part with, ill be here patiently waiting for 0.5.5 to come to Winter's Roar, thanks again guys for all your help :)

I had the same problem.

You need to replace you default ui files located in the uifiles folder.
The good ui files come with the eqfix download.

i was having all the problems everyone was listing, crashing after the char screen, loss of patch connectivity ect...but that eqfix is the fix! just replace all the files in it into your eq and it will work, worked for me after patching on the 18th. played all night last night and WR kicks ass!

Back
Top Bottom