Ideas for a Wizard 3rd Class Tome

Silosobi

Dalayan Pious Diety
Vengeful Magic
Reduces incoming magic damage by 5%/rank. All damage prevented in this way is added to the wizard's next offensive spell.

Arcanist's Insight
Provides a stance 4 which reduces spell damage dealt and received. Spell damage dealt is reduces by 30%(-5% per rank). Spell damage received is reduced by 15%(+5% per rank)

Critical Fury
Increases the damage of Critical Blasts by 5%/rank.

I still feel Reclaiming Mana is a particularly weak tome and adding 10%/rank spell haste to the following cast after a resist would be appropriate.

Purge I, II, III, IV

Add stance similar to rogue aggro reducing stance that drastically reduces aggro and the high cost of mana. The aggro reduced could go up depending on rank, or that could be a set rate, and the amount of mana loss could be reduced as rank improves.

Arcanist's Insight
Provides a stance 4 which reduces spell damage dealt and received. Spell damage dealt is reduces by 30%(-5% per rank). Spell damage received is reduced by 15%(+5% per rank)
If only the name Counterspell wasn't use for something else. I like this idea a lot though, you'd think being the masters of offensive magic might give wizards some insight on how to defend from it too.

If only the name Counterspell wasn't use for something else. I like this idea a lot though, you'd think being the masters of offensive magic might give wizards some insight on how to defend from it too.

Exactly. Wizards currently have the worst survivability in the game and arguably the worst utility. We are pretty solid on dps at the endgame, but having some survivability would be nice and this one isn't something you can just leave on all the time. You have to decide when its worth sacraficing some dps in order to gain that defensive boost.

I like asura's idea too. Wizards lose more dps time to casting concussion type spells than any other class.

Manashield.
Adds a stance to wizards, in which they prevent all incomming damage at the cost of 5damage/rank per 1 mana.

Seems powerful, but I cant think of a situation where it would be really break anything. We could solo some summoning mobs that half the classes can already solo. We could tank raid bosses for a short time, but that would OOM us and render us useless. It would need a moderate-high stamina drain so you have to actually use it selectively.

Last edited:
Concussive Hands
Adds a 1%/rank per 100 mana innate proc of relic greater concussion to all wizard spells.

I always wanted wizard class tomes to go back and make our activated AAs useful/relevant again. Lifefire, Manaburn, Arcane Grip are rarely worth pressing past tier 5 and swords is a fun toy but ultimately not a stunning ability.

I always wanted wizard class tomes to go back and make our activated AAs useful/relevant again. Lifefire, Manaburn, Arcane Grip are rarely worth pressing past tier 5 and swords is a fun toy but ultimately not a stunning ability.

I had always envisioned a tome or something that gave you a new stance that drained stamina at a pretty rapid rate but it was almost like the old classic ATB bars and you used it to time your next spell or ability like lifefire, etc. The closer to 0 stam you were before you got off your spell the more increased damage it did. If it hit 0 and you went exhausted, you failed and miss out.

Portal Mastery
Through years of arcane study the wizard learns ways of hastening all teleportation spells by (25/42/59/75) percent!

Portal Mastery
Through years of arcane study the wizard learns ways of hastening all teleportation spells by (25/42/59/75) percent!

man this is almost as cool as our AAs!!!

I too would love to see the wizard AAs become viable again.

I really think they should just be changed to scale since they are kinda worthless past t2, but if its determined that we should use a class tome on it:

Master of Arcane Arts
This tome increases the power of Mana Burn, Life Fire, and Call of Xuzi.
Mana Burn becomes 4,6,8,10 times your current mana.
Life Fire becomes 15,000, 22,500, 30,000, and 37,500 PBAE damage and a 3, 6, 9, 12 second unresistable stun.
Call of Xuzi adds a 500/1000/1500/2000 point PBAE whenever a pet dies. 4 pets x 4 ranks = 8000 PBAE

Mana burn would become viable for 1 shotting mobs with lower total hp pools (or 100% reflect/counterspell). Life Fire would once again be worth trying to click when you think you will die. Call of Xuzi would be the most widely useful, providing a decent chunk of free PBAE damage every 15 minutes. You couldn't use pets around mez but that is a worthwhile tradeoff IMO.

what about something that buffed the familiar? stuff like, increased mirror rate, its casts get a -resist check, gives it +%dmg, or lets it share focus mods (tome1 could be like "Familiars benefit from all of the owners focus effects up to rank2, then 4/6/8)

any of the ideas buffing the rarely used AAs are also pretty good imo

simple and brutal: counterspell/reflect chance that increases with each rank, also drains 10/15/20% of mana cost from npc and gives to wizard

That is actually a really neat idea if it would work.

Arcane Retribution:
Wizard gains a 6/12/18/24% chance to reflect any offensive spell cast on them.

Its pretty similar in functionality to my first idea, but its avoidance instead of mitigation. Also, I think the coding would either work or not, but regardless wont be ultra complicated. I'd be a a bit concerned about some of the weird spells NPCs cast, so maybe limit it to damage type spells if that can is possible.

Not sure if they can but how about a tome that causes the wizard to have the effects of medding (while standing/ casting) for like 10/15/20/25/30 seconds (or longer not sure how unbalancing this would be) when they use manaburn. This way the wizard can use mana burn to extend there cast time.

Not sure if this would work or even be worth it but seems cool to me :)

Unless it gave many minutes of med bonus, that would be really bad.

Manaburn does 30k for me
Normal spells will do 500k+ if i burn through all my mana...

Step into the Void
This tome provides a s4 which removes the wizard from all agro lists when it exhausts them. Rank 2,3,4 give a 25/50/75% damage reduction from all attacks while it is in effect. It would be an exhaustive stance that lasts a very short time.

Last edited:
what about something that buffed the familiar? stuff like, increased mirror rate, its casts get a -resist check, gives it +%dmg, or lets it share focus mods (tome1 could be like "Familiars benefit from all of the owners focus effects up to rank2, then 4/6/8)

any of the ideas buffing the rarely used AAs are also pretty good imo

This could be cool

Empower Drake
Familiar gains 20%/rank of the wizard's total hp, crit rate, and resists.

This could be cool

Empower Drake
Familiar gains 20%/rank of the wizard's total hp, crit rate, and resists.
With the talk about losing time to concussing what if the familiar periodically concussed for you or something.

Back
Top Bottom