Howdy

Cedir

Dalayan Beginner
I just signed up this past weekend after finding and googling a reference to the server in a thread on my old EQ server board (Innoruuk), which I was browsing for nostalgic purposes. I haven't played EQLive for a year or so. I've been on WoW but it's not really that interesting. I miss the arcanum of EQ.

It seems like SoD has a lot of the things that I liked about EQ back in the day and is missing a lot of the things that screwed it up as time went by, and it looks like there has been some dedicated worldbuilding going on, so I'm very excited about trying it out.

I played on Innoruuk as Cedir, Raynboh, Nysaan, and Pharroh in Circle of the Feleine Hand and Elder Tribunal and on Vallon Zek much earlier as Raynboh and Nysaan. I love being a Cleric and I'm hoping it'll be kind of like the old days.

I do have one question. In EQLive, it was kind of expected that you'd read about all the items and quests and such on Allakhazam or Lucy or other such services and not having that information was a pretty big handicap (mainly because of the attitudes of the playerbase and not so much because of the game's design). I don't really know where to look for that kind of informaton on SoD (except for the wiki), which is fine because I'm interested in discovering the world first-hand anyway. I just wanted to ask if there is the same attitude as in EQLive where folks would think you were ignorant or you'd miss out on really important things if you hadn't done outside research.

Anyway, look forward to seeing you in the game.

Welcome to SoD! :)

To ansewr your question, I don't think this server is anything like live. Our community is much friendlier and much more helpful. If you can't find what you are looking on the Wiki, asking in /ooc would be a second option, and you can always post questions to the appropriate sections of the forums as well.

Welcome! I agree with Jay, you will find our community much friendlier and tightly knit.

Back
Top Bottom