How to Remove the "Bone Crack" Sound from Cesspits

Grinkles

Developer
Staff member
Ever since the Cesspits first came out, the one thing I disliked about the zone was that awful cracking of bones that loops infinitely in the background all throughout the zone. I'm fairly certain the nonstop looping wasn't intended by the Sony devs anyway, but just to put my mind (and ears) at rest, I decided to hunt down and delete the offending sound effects (titled bones_breaking01.wav and bones_breaking02.wav). Now, I can enjoy the groaning of mummies, the howling of wolves, and the shrieking of Headmaster Zoldin himself without the bone-crunching soundtrack chipping away at my sanity. :cool:

If you, too, would like to enjoy Cesspits in peace and quiet, follow these steps:
  1. Delete the following file within your SoD directory:
    • snd11.pfs
  2. Download this replacement file and place it within the directory:
  3. Log into the Cesspits and punch Headmaster Zoldin's big, fat head clean off his body in celebration! ;)
As far as I can tell, this fix doesn't carry any negative side effects. If something unusual happens to come up when you try it for yourself, please let me know about it here.

So, any volunteers able to confirm that this works on their end?

Alternatively you could open up the mmcg.emt file (using a text editor) and simply delete the sound triggers / adjust the volume / looprate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom