How to Fix 2.5's Bugged Inspect Window

Grinkles

Developer
Staff member
For DIRECTIONS/DOWNLOAD, skip to the GREEN TEXT below.

==========​

The 2.5 client came with a new addition to player inventories — the Power Source slot. Unfortunately, its inclusion shifted certain UI values (known as EQTypes) by a value of 1, and some mismatch in the SoD database doesn't account for this when it comes to the inspect window. The result is that an inspected player's Power Source slot shows what's in his/her Ammo slot item while the Ammo slot shows his/her first base inventory slot (often a bag):

Inspect%20Window%20Bugged_zpsmd3cudbc.jpg

This bug can be "fixed" (i.e. hidden) by tinkering with EQUI_InspectWnd.xml. To achieve this, I removed the Power Source slot from the inspect window and centered the Legs and Feet slots back to their original 2.0 position. I also took the liberty of fixing two minor cases of asymmetry: 1) The left and right margins are now equal, and 2) The Done button at the bottom is now properly centered. (Annoyingly, the off-center "You are inspecting..." message at the top seems to be hard-coded and beyond fixing. Cannot unsee! :rolleyes:)

Here's the result:

Inspect%20Window%20Fixed_zpsrwdojrit.jpg

If you'd like to use this version of the inspect window, read on.

==========
DIRECTIONS/DOWNLOAD

Disclaimer: This modifies the inspect window for the default UI. Theoretically, it should still work from the default UI folder when using almost any custom UI.

1. Within [SoD Directory] > uifiles > default, locate and rename the following file like so:
    • EQUI_InspectWnd.xml > Old EQUI_InspectWnd.xml
  2. Download the following .zipfolder:
  3. Open the .zip folder and move the file therein to the default folder from Step 1.
  4. Log in and inspect yourself to see if it works.
Note: If you want/need to revert to 2.5's bugged inspect window, delete the new file and restore the name of the original file. (Refer to Step 1.)
==========
As always, one or two confirmations that this works for someone other than myself would be appreciated. If anyone has any trouble getting this to work, post here or PM me and I'll do what I can to help. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom