how much hate per dmg?

ajloeffl

Dalayan Beginner
Relic greater concussion lowers hate by 1000. Can someone tell me how much hate is generated for each point of dmg from a spell or from melee?

Thanks,

Gaht~

Roughly one third of damage is counted as agro, before any modifiers.

(hohoho top secret infos)

As far as melee hits go, there's a set base amount of agro per swing, so the more swings the better. (IE: you'll generate more agro with a faster, weaker weapon than you would a slower, more powerful one).

Spells should be about the same.

As far as melee hits go, there's a set base amount of agro per swing, so the more swings the better. (IE: you'll generate more agro with a faster, weaker weapon than you would a slower, more powerful one).

Spells should be about the same.
my SoD knowledge is NOT perfect, but my understanding of the mechanic which was/is in game/live was that each mob negative interaction, be it a taunt, a spell cast on it, a DD, a melee hit, would give some aggro, which is why spamming a low damage nuke would give more aggro than doing a similar amount of damage with a single spell.

So....

answer should be what mythryn says, unless SOD is coded differently than the old game was in the velious era.

if the more swings the better, generates more aggro, etc.. etc..
does that mean if i spam 5mana low dmg spells i'll generate more aggro than 1 big nuke? ^,^

On live spamming flame lick as a druid produced a ton of aggro. Don't know if it works the same here but if it does then it would stand to reason that yes a ton of 5 mana nukes is better than one big nuke. Keep in mind though that one nuke takes less time than casting a lot of small ones, so maybe it balances out in the end?

On live spamming flame lick as a druid produced a ton of aggro. Don't know if it works the same here but if it does then it would stand to reason that yes a ton of 5 mana nukes is better than one big nuke. Keep in mind though that one nuke takes less time than casting a lot of small ones, so maybe it balances out in the end?

My 5m nuke only takes about 15% less time to cast than my biggest nuke and does about 10% of the damage. In an aggro race it would probably be way better to chain moon comet. Also moon comet can get ultimates and primals, while 5mana nukes cannot.

Spam flame lick & snare if you're a druid, and you can steal any aggro. Add in higher debuffs, nuke some, you're tanking.

Aggro is built up.

My 5m nuke only takes about 15% less time to cast than my biggest nuke and does about 10% of the damage. In an aggro race it would probably be way better to chain moon comet. Also moon comet can get ultimates and primals, while 5mana nukes cannot.

Spam RRR for uberaggro.

kind of off topic, kinda not.... but seeing as how i never played a paladin before. what do they do that causes so much AE aggro. i know its their blind spells... but why? they dont actually harm the mobs, and it only blinds them for a short period of time (which they still attack you regardless). just kinda curious is all, i know what they do... just not why and why it works...
also, i heard the AE heals dont generate much aggro anymore (or at least not as much as they used to?) wanted to know if there was any truth to that as well

Debuffs, Stuns and Blinds all cause a certain amount of agro. Stuns are a bit different than the others.

Debuffs only cause full agro the first time they are applied, UNLESS they have worn off. IE if a shaman slows at 95%, and it generates 700 agro, he can cast it again before it wears off and it will only generate 701 agro, but if he waits until it wears off, it's another 700 agro. Blinds are in the same boat.

On live spamming flame lick as a druid produced a ton of aggro. Don't know if it works the same here

The reason flame lick was so much aggro on live is because of the debuff component, not the damage component. Also, I believe aggro from debuffs was cumulative on live (hence the reason to spam it), which is not the case here on SoD.

I had forgotten about the debuff on flame lick. I dont know why must be because it was the lowest level spell and I was not thinking the debuff applied? Anyway that would be the reason for aggro.

Back
Top Bottom