How does Harmony work.

mortuflious

Dalayan Beginner
I hear people say all the time that harmony works and is awsome. I have never seen it work, either from me casting or someone in my group. I am kind of hoping for a player to give some details on what it does. I have casted it on mobs that are facing away from eachother, and that have a large distance between them. I have watched the leaves float around the mob and I have cast it on all mobs in the area. I really have no idea what the spell does or how it does it.

Harmony is used so that mobs do not "chain aggro". If two mobs are linked, then harmony does nothing. You can usually use harmony to make a 3 pull a 2 pull, but if the mobs are far enough away then you can make a 2 pull a 1 pull. It is effective if you know how to use it (and don't get resisted of course).

Felyn's description of the spell effect is correct, basically Harmony reduces the targets "assist a friend" range. This spell is much less effective than it was in live. It's not of much use in SoD.

Wesell said:
Felyn's description of the spell effect is correct, basically Harmony reduces the targets "assist a friend" range. This spell is much less effective than it was in live. It's not of much use in SoD.

Ya from what I was able to tell you are better off just preparing on pulling the 2 or 3 then trying to harmony the mobs, because they are usually too close together that it wont matter or you will get resisted and they will all come anyways.

There are some places where it might be helpful but overall this is just what Ive noticed.

Oh, you can also use harmony to sneak passed mobs (but apparently not on raids). But this may be used to bypass trash to get to a named in a zone (if exping).

Let's keep Live out of it , stop confusing people.
It's basically an aggro range reducer. Harmony is outdoor only in SoD. But has a better chance to land.
Other pacifies can be used everywhere. But keep in mind the mob *might* aggro if it's resisted.

The parser says the same effect (frenzyand reaction radius) for pacify/rest the dead/harmony, except Pacify has an addtional effect called...Pacify. What is the difference ?

It is a tricky spell to use but can be very effective for soloing or pulling without some crowd control.

Harmony works best to split up a camp of 3 mobs, if just two, your better off Rooting one to pull the other. After all 3 targets get harmonied DO NOT pull with a spell IE nuke, snare, debuff.....etc this will break the harmony 9/10 in my experience. Most effective way is walking up to the closest mob and get agro, can use a hit with weapon if you need to, but dont stay in range of the others for more then 2-3 sec.
If Harmony gets resisted, there is a small chance they will all come but this is not often. Always have Evac up and snare and spirit of wolf is your friend =)

Back
Top Bottom