Horok is only Monkey Seeing, it forgot how to Monkey Do...

Swiftur

Dalayan Elder
So firstly, Thank you again for the work put into the much needed Beastlord changes. Mimic stance is an awesome tool and wonderful balance to our dps.

That said, our class's best in slot weapon, Horok, Reality's Kaleidoscope is not really working with it. Except... it also kind of is. For whatever reason, while in /s8 (mimic), if the weapon procs you will see the following:

upload_2015-6-6_1-4-56.png

The important part here is that the pets are damaging themselves with this weapon, not the target. I believe this to be because the Shattered Recourse is happening first, which is a self target 125hp heal... and because it's so fast the pet doesn't retarget the mob in time? I'm not 100% sure that's why and I imagine it could be something else but this is a pretty big deal. Perhaps changing the order of the autocasts on the proc could fix it? Whatcha think @Taryth? =P

Last edited:
Maybe an easy fix for this would be to add "Shattered Recourse" to the exclusion list of mimic? Sure our pet won't heal itself for 125hp then but I would think that by the time most get this weapon, you can heal your pet pretty darn well.

Maybe just remove the shattered recourse from the weapon entirely because it doesn't work right, causes buff bugs and has never worked right ever. Replace it with some small life-tap or something. The pet heal thing is a cool idea but it has not worked correctly for like 3 years and it bugs out your UI. Like Swiftur said healing your pets at this point in the game is not your biggest concern. Did I mention that this has never really worked right ever?

I'm not against that. Though I don't agree that the effect is broken completely. Yeah it causes buff bug problems and who can actually say if the mana return works... But the heal recourse is very nice, though not worth losing the damage from mimic. I like your idea about changing it to a life tap a lot. Like make the second slot a 200hp life tap, would be a little more HP but that could make up for the loss of mana return (assuming it works)

Last edited:
For those who don't already know. Slaar changed Horok proc to Lure of Lightning w/ a reduced proc rate today. In conversation with him I suggested that the Shatter Reality spell be changed to remove the current slot 2 (Shattered Recourse) and replace it with Siphon Life, additionally restoring the original proc rate (11.4%). Though the amount of healing would be decreased slightly, this would fix the buff bug problem whilst restoring the items unique proc and healing effect.

Slaar responded that he will look at that next patch, as spell changes require updates to the spells_us.txt file. So hopefully that is able to be done and we can move on from this.

Back
Top Bottom