Holy Staff of Elael -- Coding Error?

Grinkles

Developer
Staff member
I was very pleased to loot a Holy Staff of Elael in Tur`ruj on a raid yesterday. This item has 3 charges of a ~3k FR-based nuke and, if I recall correctly, reads [MAGIC ITEM] and [NO DROP]. I assumed it was designed to be akin to the Ghan Focus Crystal -- both have 100 DMG added to a magic type, both have negligible stats for the tier they drop at, both share the RANGE, PRIMARY, and SECONDARY slot assignments, and both drop from the "trash" mobs of specific Tur`ruj clans.

However, I was baffled and disappointed when I logged in this morning to find that my brand new staff had disappeared from my inventory. Nobody else had logged my character on (and I keep him guestlocked anyway). I hadn't used up the 3 charges on it (and the staff has no [EXPENDABLE] tag, anyway). The item also did not read [TEMPORARY] or [NO RENT]. I was greatly looking forward to getting use out of this weapon. :(

Why, then, does the Holy Staff of Elael appear to act as a [TEMPORARY] or [NO RENT] item? Are these items coded as such, yet the tag doesn't show up in game? I am hoping this is a mistake, and the item is not supposed to disappear upon logging. If I had to venture a guess, I would assume the item was accidentally mistaken for one of the numerous [NO RENT] pet weapons that drop from the trash in the zone when the Tur`ruj items were being coded, even though this is a [NO DROP] item and obviously intended for player use. Any staff input on this item would be greatly appreciated.

(I figured this would be the best place to ask about this rather than a petition, but if this thread is better suited to a different sub-forum, feel free to move it.)

Last edited:
Many of the trash drop weapons in tur'rujik act that way - they poof as if they were [NORENT], without having that tag. Been that way since day 1, noone ever seemed to care enough to fix this, one way or another.

they are tagged no rent, you just can't see it, I think because the max listed properties is 3, and it's already magic lore no drop iirc. i went back a few months ago and looked over all the tur'ruj trash weapons to make them pet usable. i probably should have dropped either the no-rent or no-drop on this item as well. alas.

I have seen items show up with 4 or more properties, but all I can recall are just magic, lore, no drop, pristine at once. I actually encountered some item last night on a vendor that didn't appear to say no rent, but has since vanished from my inventory. This is probably an issue that should be addressed if it's a matter of [NO RENT] simply not being labelled, or even something else.

Back
Top Bottom