Help with Faction

eqaddix_diosa3

Dalayan Adventurer
Ok a little back story....I play a monk, and didn't know much about game, and was told to swear to a diety because I was sick of not having a gate item, so a lot suggested Enthann for a monk. Later on I did the Main Quest and choce CoI.

Here is my problem, Enthann is Chaotic, Nuetral, and CoI is good.

I have done all the chaotic quests that wiki has, and the best I can get is a 3% bonus, and I can't do any CoI quests because it will push me towards good, correct?

Is there anymore quests that I can do to get more of a bonus? Or should I just forget about it and push for all the CoI quests and get a better aug?

On a side note, I am 2 kills away from the Enthann Aug.

Any help is great, and if it helps fomelo Kraun.

Unfortunately a large portion of the population on SoD has no idea what a good deity choice is. So asking in ooc was probably a poor decision.

Pretty much you have two options:

1. Finish the Enthann Aug and the CoI aug, you will probably end up with a low deity spec or possibly even negative, but have two nice augs. With this option you can from then on always choose the evil or chaotic options in quest paths, it will take awhile but eventually you can get 20% deity spec and keep both augs.

2. Finish CoI and go Pariah. You'll have one nice aug and a fixed 15% deity spec but you won't ever be able to swear to a deity again or be able to have a neato deity gate item like you wanted originally. This option is for lazy people who want instant gratification for their mistake.

So basically in the future, what you want to do is decide what kind of character you want to have, be it good/evil lawful/chaotic and start doing quests to go toward that, picking a deity an important choice that you should make yourself to fit your character, not something you ask the peanut gallery.

Swear pariah, and say screw it all? Or, continue on your way and get your aug, and have a crappy percentage. Really, if you wanted a gate item, you should have done one of the gate neck quests instead. Newport, Athica, and Sadri Malath all have them, and have a MoP to use to get elsewhere.

There's a lot of quests, I wouldn't give up and go pariah just yet. Even 3% bonus is better than no bonus, and you can gradually improve it. Remember you can never go back once you're pariah. That's just my opinion, though.

No it sound slike i should just continue ad get my Enthann aug and do CoI and try to fix things along the way. I just hope the negative bonus isnt too bad.

Deity specialization is only a +% to your specialization skills. And, if I recall correctly, a maxxed specialization gives ~10% bonus. Therefore a difference of 0% deity spec and 20% deity spec is around 2% character benefit. I know there are some pluses and minuses to this, but I believe this gives a decent approximation.

So, are you willing to give up an aug plus a potential 0.5% character benefit by swearing pariah?

Also keep in mind Pariah's don't have an aug, so that's a pretty big hit if you're planning to do ur aug quests.

None of the deity augs even come close to comparing with spec bonus anyways. Also what they are not mentioning is the extremely long ass time it is going to take you to get enough hits to even reach 15%, let alone 20. Think a year or two minimum, I'm also estimating that based on your gear.

There are quite a few small hits (Extremely small) in the refuge quest, but you'll also need to progress a literal shitload gearwise before you can even do the part of the main quest that lets you get near the place without them just killing you on sight.

Oggok mines is actually home to one of the better hits you will find. There is also a chaotic hit at what I'd place as about midway through the vah quest. There are some pofire hits apparently, I found a good one that I did for someone else, my own alignment however refused to budge, others would be a better information source for that particular zone.

If you play two years, you are going to do all these quests anyway. At least, now you know how to answer. There are plenty of evil quests, just be careful to choose chaotic if its ever an option from COI.

Chaotic is a bitch in general if you aren't a rogue or bard, and COI shouldn't change that for the worse. Silver Crown would be much worse. Lawful being the opposition to chaotic.

If you pull like a pro, no one is going to give your alignment points a second look. You will get teased about it though.

People should just answer Marlow or Althuna for alignment choice, easy to max and completely optional zones. Neutral is really for players that like an extra dimension, because of all the balancing jiggery-pokery.

Well i completed my enthann aug and it only put me at a 4% onus now.

So what you are saying is I can do CoI quests, and then find some evil ones to balance things out again? And whenever possible try and choose Chaotic, thanks everyone.

So, did you ever do the Newport, Athica, and Sadri gate neck quests? I'm pledged to Enthan too, and that port is basically useless. Also, I've been playing for 4+ years and I still roll with -1%.

Same problem here. Enthann/CoI ranger... stuck at -2%.

I was wondering what would happen if I finished my Enthann Aug and then went pariah. Would it poof out of existence?

It would poof. And if it wouldn't, you'd get banned, because you can't have a deity augment without being sworn to it.

It would poof. And if it wouldn't, you'd get banned, because you can't have a deity augment without being sworn to it.

Source please.

My boss at work is a former minister, but now he runs a nonprofit. However, his hands don't burn when he touches a Bible, despite common misconception.

What more do you need then a GM telling you that you can't have a deity aug unless you are pledged to the corresponding deity? (On a related note, I'm not sure if it would poof, but I know for fact that it is supposed to poof, and if you have it as a pariah and someone finds out about itm you WILL get punished. Punishment will include, but will not necessarily be limited to the time till you deleted it.)

I know for a fact that the Althuna aug does not poof. I did it originally on my monk and then decided I wanted to kill stuff in City of Mercy. I mentioned it to Wold and Cyz, but it still sits in his bank.

SoD =/= real life (though some believe it does)
Dumb, pointless analogy was both dumb, and pointless.

And that was the most astutely constructed sentence I've read in a few days.

My point (since you missed it) is that it seems like a weird thing to punish people for. It takes a lot of work to complete a deity aug and a faction badge no matter which deity and no matter which faction. Why is it that some choices easily allow you to get 20% specialization bonus, while others make it almost impossible?

The answer is (correct me if I'm wrong) that there just aren't that many faction options written into the game for some alignment shifts as for others. Understandable given that the development team is limited, but I'm also not sure I'd consider it a fair situation.

Pledging pariah caps your specialization bonus at 15% regardless, so there's no situation where you could get the full benefit of having pledged both pariah and deity at some earlier point.

Pledging pariah caps your specialization bonus at 15% regardless, so there's no situation where you could get the full benefit of having pledged both pariah and deity at some earlier point.

yes, BUT certain augments are better than others. This is because certain augments make it so that you cannot raid certain raid zones. Getting the superior augment then being allowed to go Pariah and raid that zone somewhat defeats the differences in Deity Aug balance.

Besides, its NOT INTENDED, just wait for all the Augments to come out and live with your alignment decisions like everyone else.

Sorry bud, but any reference to real life, or eqlive, is pretty much straight fail. You've been around here long enough to know that.

But to humor you, we can start where the devs said it is bannable. Then we can move onto BardofYore's point, on how over-powered it would be to get the aug, then go pariah, and raid the zone while using the aug still. One of the better (if not best) augs is supposed to be Tarhyl's, because of the zones you give up to get it. So why should you be allowed to do it, then go pariah, and continue to use this most powerful boost? Yes, you did the quest, but the quest result is dependent on you staying with your choice.

And to abuse your RL point, what boon was given to the guy by his deity, that he continued using after he dropped the faith? Oh right, there wasn't one.

Back
Top Bottom