Hand to Hand weapons

Zengo

Dalayan Adventurer
I have a question about hand to hand weapons and I am wondering if they are working as intended. I play a 65 beastlord.
Recently I acquired Fistwraps of the Chosen with it's +15 skill to Hand to Hand (fomelo shows 15% but I would imagine it's 15 skill points and not %). So, with that 15 and my MQ aug I am up to +20 skill in Hand to Hand.
I have done plenty of parses on the same mob by charming it and healing it and attacking it again.
The end result was always the same. Even though I have tier 5 and 6 hand to hand weapons with a better delay then the bare fists, by DPS was around 15 to 20% higher with bare fists. (80dps vs 100dps with bare fists).
Also, I have a few 1hbs and piercers that are slightly higher in dps then my hand to hand weapons.
Also, the mob I was testing on was highly magic resistant so the Lash of chaos proc was not sticking.
This does not seem like it is working the way it is meant to work. I'm sure there is a reason for hand to hand weapons in the tier 5 to 8 range other then the stats that are on them, especially if wearing them lowers DPS.
Also, is the Fistwraps of the Chosen a hand item specifically made to not enhance Hand to Hand weapons and DPS.

Like, the wraps have +2 fire dmg that only works with bare fists.

You should list what weapons you are using or provide fomeloz.

Ok, that makes sense and that's what must be going on.
With the +2 Fire damage it changes my bare fist from 13/18 (0.72222...) ratio to 15/18 (0.83333). Most of my hand to hand weapons have a ratio of around .75.
I was also reading in ooc one night when someone said that elemental damage on weapons is an all or nothing thing. Does that mean if the mob has a relatively high resist to fire (7 or so) that the fists go back down to a 13/18 and on a mob that is very weak to fire (maybe a 1) that it becomes 15/18? Or, is there a range on the damage. Say a mob is 5 to fire then the fists become 14/18 and then I can base my weapon choices on each individual encounter on weapons with the best ratio.

Elemental damage on weapons and gloves (for fists) is all-or-nothing, yes. Generally, I wouldn't count on that damage doing much on any raid nameds since they are red cons and also have high resists (Even a named with relatively low resists will still resist the majority of the ele damage). For grouping, farming, raid trash, etc the ele damage will contribute a good amount of damage, although it still will not be as good as +2 regular weapon damage would be.

In general, bare fists and the fistwraps of the chosen will do more DPS than any weapons prior to tier 8 or so. The fist from DotO in sepulcher and the ED map offhand are probably about the same. All H2H weapons prior to that are pretty much universally worse than fists from a damage perspective.

This question comes up frequently enough to possibly warrant some kind of official blurb in the ToK imo.

I guess so.
I assumed since cyzaine listed the longstaff as .63-.84 that it could get partial resists and that is what caused it to have a range of ratios rather than just 1 like the non-elemental weapons he listed. You also mentioned resist debuffs helping the ratio.

I guess you mention over the course of an entire fight that the ratio would average out to that and debuffs would help you get more "all" hits rather than a "nothing" which would raise the average? I though you could get partials and the debuffs would help you get a higher average of cold damage each hit, which would raise the ratio.

Back
Top Bottom