GM Events

Nebi

Dalayan Pious Diety
Well as always the graveyard of SOD players that is known as #goonsquad has a new topic for the moment. In my quest to gain fame for a race change I brought up that fame is really really hard to get on this server. This lead to basically a couple of comments which agree with the lack of GM events.

<Deein-Work> fame is way to hard to get

<bango|work> that is because
<bango|work> there were never gm events
<bango|work> for like over a year
<bango|work> the entire span of fwf i maybe saw dice of misfortune happen twice
<bango|work> and i played a lot

<fuwork> really there were no gm events for like 4 or 5 years
<fuwork> there were a couple on the tail end of my tenure playing but before that it was very limited or nonexistent
<fuwork> i have some fame on a guy of mine but i gave up trying to get more fame since it was not likely to occur

<Radaere|Work> radaere has i think 20 fame

I know there is a GM event planned for today (11.04.2013) but if we're trying to build a player base I think we will need more events to encourage people to play / stick around / do things.

Now please discuss your feelings on fame / gm events (where you get your fame basically)

----------------------------------------
SIDE TALK----

I think there should be a Events GM. I have applied before to be on the DEV team but i got suckered into playing and it took away time from the DEVing thing I was trying to learn. I have tried to get people from EQMac to start playing on here and have tried to promote the good word of SOD in other games.

I nominate myself for this GM events guy / general help the lowbies guy. I promise to log in and help dudes out / do fun things with random strangers.

------------------------

Also is the invasion over? Are they all fat and lazy / watching football on Sundays? I haven't seen this script active in months.

I haven't been in game recently, but the last time I saw the invasion active was a month or more ago in Cauldron of Dawn.

Everyone from all levels love GM events! I'll second you as the 'GM Event Jester'.

Going from "almost never" to "basically sometimes" would be neat. Plx post on the forum beforehand so I can log in for the ole gender revert attempt.

Greatest GM event was the snowball battle in the arena and I believe was hosted by Wiz at the time, and perhaps thinkmeats as well? 2007 give or take a year. Everyone had to roll as a level one warrior with no equipment except for a given BP (christmas colored green or red?). Lots of halflings rolled for the death save chance and I chose Wood Elf for what I think was innate +throwing. You hailed something at each of the spires and got stacks of snowballs. There was a few pvp rounds just to test the waters and the ending was phenomenal.

I was in the Dandy Gentlemen group(s) with whom I believe was Cinn, Palandril, Llanoldar, and a couple others. The powerhouse of the server was Steel at the time and everyone tried to take them down. This was obviously the event where Cinn was coined his Snow Queen moniker for outliving everyone else in the final brawl.

This would have been a great annually occurring event where levels/aa's/tomes don't mean squat.

Here's Finster (Steel) getting ran down by a mob of people. There was actually about 2-3 as many than what appears in the screenshot.
EQ000034.jpg

don't forget the treasure chest events in frostho---aagggggh sorry my throat is acting up

perhaps offer fame to people who participate in a war from start to finish? There really fun. offer like 25.

I think with the 2.5 alpha coming to fruition, and talk of ikky 2.0 (i'm seeing lots of zone connects now) maybe phase 1 of the war is coming to an end... they've done their invading, now it's time for us to strike back. Or perhaps they're building up for something greater and Kaezul will introduce us to something more deadly.

Just an idea for how to add some spice to the war

Since War is evidently more popular than I thought, I present a War event idea-storm:
A 6-man group already formed and fighting war mobs in a war zone has a random chance to be "ambushed and captured" by a group of enemy forces. You are now prisoners of wars and are zoned into everyone's favorite boat zone, Hatesfury. This is Hate's Fury "C" I guess. There are multiple outcomes for the sequence of events. Your entire group can partake in a "hide and avoid" scenario which would be timed and similar to being found in Mansion of Portals and booted with no reward. Or, you can choose to fight your way off the boat, without any of your awesome gear or spells because they were confiscated. You earn fame and rewards in the style of Nadox. If you choose to run/hide and are not caught after some arbitrary and difficult amount of time, your group is transported to another event where your gear is returned to you, and a new fight occurs. The reward for this outcome is fame and rewards that escalate in potency depending on how long your group lasts in the fight, the Halloween Nightmare style. Now the War feels exciting again and veterans who only crave fame now have a reason to clear zones for poor lowbies who just want their Starfall tights or something.

I think there should be a Events GM. I have applied before to be on the DEV team but i got suckered into playing and it took away time from the DEVing thing I was trying to learn. I have tried to get people from EQMac to start playing on here and have tried to promote the good word of SOD in other games.

I nominate myself for this GM events guy / general help the lowbies guy. I promise to log in and help dudes out / do fun things with random strangers.

GM Applications remain open. I'm currently have at least 4 more positions on the team to fill. All involve standard GM work (answering petitions, handling interpersonal player disputes, laying the smack down on those that cheat, etc.), but I'm also specifically looking for applicants that are (1) willing and able to create events or (2) that are policy-minded and would someday hopefully take over Lead GM duties. If either of those sound like you (Nebi or anyone else reading this), then you should apply!

I warn you, though, that if you are easily discouraged, then it's probably not for you. All three of the GM-Trainees I've started that were going to have an event-running focus vanished within 2 months. Trust me, we'd like to have an "event GM" as you put it.

Back
Top Bottom