Giving necros corpse summoning back

elvish123

Dalayan Beginner
I noticed this in the one big raid I have gone on. Raid gets wiped for whatever reason and instead of getting corpses rezed and regrouping quickly before mob repop the entire raid group has to run back to the area to individually summon their corpses so they can be rezzed. This is primarily because the body cannot be dragged to far from death location by another person. Dying in a dangerous spot you must be able to rez raid group quickly do avoid another wipe due to repop. The best way to handle this is give necromancers the old ability to summon corpses thus they can use the necro rez to bring back the cleric to rez the remaining raid group. Of course sometimes the necro cant get FD off fast enough to prevent from being killed themself thus they can summon cleric and own corpse first from danger area then as cleric begins rezzing summon all the other corpses to rez safe spot to begin working back to original spot.
This saves tons of time and aggrovation from peep who have to wait for death effect to wear off before even moving then getting ports from various raid druid/wizards or using port token and running all the way back only to have to reorganize outside zone before going back in and doing everything from scratch instead of just starting from last safe rez spot together.
I am only beggining my RAID experiance so feel free to flame away after all Im not a raid veteran by any means but this seems an easy fix to me that would help lots of people.

elvish123 said:
I am only beggining my RAID experiance so feel free to flame away after all Im not a raid veteran by any means but this seems an easy fix to me that would help lots of people.
I don't know if I'd consider myself a raid veteran (at least not on SoD), but my opinion is that things are fine the way they are. :shrug:

What some guilds do is log a cleric / FD a necro when they know that the attempt isnt going too great. Its usually pretty easy to tell if you'll lose, and even if the MT dies its not too hard to keep a mob entertained for 30 seconds while a cleric camps out. Then after the raid wipes the guild will let the cleric/necro/whoever know via their DC, irc, or whatever to log in and rez the raid. This may not be exactly what you want, but its a widely used option that is just as good (IMO).

Hope this helps :)

Well, you used to be able to drag anyone's corpse from anywhere in the zone. The reason this was removed was because some people were using this to bypass entire zones from what I heard, and get to their target without fighting their way. So, it seems like if you were to give necros this ability, you would pretty much be open to the old problem. With that said, I don't see it happening that necros will get this ability as is.

I guess this won't happen indeed for the reasons listed by Hooden, exploits. But necros don't really have an utility about corpse anymore, although it sounds like their job. RPwise They can rez for an expensive price, but the "FD to tell the others to log back" is expectable from a SK or monk, and locate corpse is expectable from a bard that can run back faster than anyone else to the spot. Maybe there could be a limited approah to corpse summon, be it an AA or a rare, long recast spell much like CoH was nerfed (I know it's a totally different thing), taking the corpse summon limitation into account to prevent exploit. I still have to think about something in this area, no proposal atm.

Sorry for corpse summoning this thread, but couldn't this be solved by only letting necros corpse summon to safe spots/zone in ?

Corpse runs was such a huge part of what made EQ unique, so it's really missed on Dalaya, in my opinion. Although it can be rough, it made for some of the most fun and fulfilling experiences, which really cannot be described.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom