get rid of the rots

GingerLette

Dalayan Beginner
this would be a higher lvl based bounty so to speak. For example have a NPC named the Horder. Players could take rot gear, class tomes to him and receive their choice of plat or points. scaling the points to the gm liking by tier. these points letting you create abit higher tier items than the bounties. i know many of guilds have spent hours or their life clearing trash just to get to bosses that drop a rot and you feel you gotten so satisfaction. this would atleast allow the raid leader to loot the rot and turn in for plat for guild bank or distribute it to a guild member working on saving points for the higher tier bounty like armor.

Problem is, any system like this would have a very high chance of high tiers banding together, wiping out lower tier content for charm farms. So I wouldn't hold my breath.

Problem is, any system like this would have a very high chance of high tiers banding together, wiping out lower tier content for charm farms. So I wouldn't hold my breath.
wait you honestly think they higher tier guilds would work together?

wait you honestly think they higher tier guilds would work together?
Individual players would. Guilds wouldn't. Regardless, all content would be kept down by high tier players in order to farm plat. This outcome should be obvious.

How about instead of creating an easy charm farm and destroying the balance of raid tiers, the NPC gives you a decent but lore augment for your specific class if you get enough credits for items at that tier (the aug would scale depending on what tier the rot loot was, the T1 aug would only be very slightly better than the tradeskill augments)? E.G. if you and your raid gathered five rots from T4 mobs, they hand in the rots and then another person hails the NPC and receives an augment on request. Preferably the aug wouldn't disappear when you removed it since gear is replaced often and getting five rots is a little bit insane.

Also, I don't think ANY player is quite rude enough to take away another person's chance at loot without permission just so they can get one augment.

Our alt loot, no!!!

I don't think staff officially recognizes the raid tier structure as the wiki does. Maybe I miss understood.

How about instead of creating an easy charm farm and destroying the balance of raid tiers, the NPC gives you a decent but lore augment for your specific class if you get enough credits for items at that tier (the aug would scale depending on what tier the rot loot was, the T1 aug would only be very slightly better than the tradeskill augments)? E.G. if you and your raid gathered five rots from T4 mobs, they hand in the rots and then another person hails the NPC and receives an augment on request. Preferably the aug wouldn't disappear when you removed it since gear is replaced often and getting five rots is a little bit insane.

Also, I don't think ANY player is quite rude enough to take away another person's chance at loot without permission just so they can get one augment.
This would even be worse then pp for rotting gear. You'd be surprised just how many rots there are, and how many needy alts there are around that all need a full set of augs. It would also essentially kill off the tradeskill (aug) market, due to every minmaxer and his twink(s) going for the best in slot things.

Just think about it. You are done gearing up in a tier? Only means that now you are farming That One Rare Item someone wants, while scooping some augs in the process. And look, your current progression tier is all dead? Oh well, stomp the tier before for rots and augs. Sux for the guy in THAT tier, but hey, not your problem... (And YES, that is exactly what I'd expect to happen if this went in!)

You don't even need a case study, look at the vah and when the insignia quest(s) went in. Luckily there's not exactly irreplaceable loot on those mobs (even though parc has some neat clickies).

Another option would be rot loots from raid monsters could be handed in to npc's for token's. Tokens could be different tiers, like loot from raid monsters tier 1-5 could be handed in for T1 tokens and exchanged for no-drop loot from that tier on a point system and something like 50 or w/e points could be exchanged for T2 tokens not all that different from the bounty quests or tomes in DL.

The exchange rate could be set to a point that higher tier players wouldnt see enough value to hunt lowbies monsters and solo players or people that only run with a small group of casuals would be able to put time in to get decent stuff.

It would also essentially kill off the tradeskill (aug) market, due to every minmaxer and his twink(s) going for the best in slot things.

it's a pet peeve of mine that decent to really good (and admittedly sometimes really terrible) ideas are shot down because "oh no min maxers won't rely on the tradeskill market!" Who really cares? Do the devs really approach itemization/quest reward content with the necessity that players must buy type x augs for the gear to make sense? i say this as a guy who has never really taken this game seriously and certainly can't be considered a min maxer.

So much could be done.

The raid tiers are not recognized by staff officially I guess...but they would have to roughly agree with their wiki assessment. So round down in instances of contention, and a piece of raid gear of 1 tier, would provide a token for purchasing a gear slot 1 tier lower. Minimum of like Tier 5 or so ( low tier gear wouldn't be worth the hassle...but that's another bag) . Would also help people aquire loot they may have missed from a progression mob, who are inherently more difficult and time consuming and defiantly don't see regular farm status.

That would take a lot of work.

Plat would be a bit abuseable, probably.

Augs would be Sagacity farming en masse, that's probably not good. And I agree...tradeskills need love...not to be infringed upon.

Or hey, 1 piece of raid gear, above some arbitrary tier, could be handed in to an NPC for 1 AA point worth of XP. That change would be quick and dirty. Not really ideal...but better then what you get now.

From the standpoint of a long time player now retired

Or hey, 1 piece of raid gear, above some arbitrary tier, could be handed in to an NPC for 1 AA point worth of XP. That change would be quick and dirty. Not really ideal...but better then what you get now.
Except running out of meaningful things to xp happens long before you run out of monsters to kill.

In my opinion, the best solutions to getting rid of rots are a) bring characters to cover the loot and b) kill harder monsters where you don't have to worry about that.

Nobody likes faction grinding alt #11 through the same crap you've done ten times already, that is almost a fact. Some players don't like faction grinding at all and just want to raid. Some people have just enough playtime to attend raids but are hindered because they cannot do all the other stuff.

Two Birds Solution: Eliminating Rots and Circumventing Faction Grinding For ^Those Guys
Add "Equipment Master" NPCs for SC/CoI/BS and Murk/Refuge who will take your nodrop items for faction after you reach a certain threshold (so you at a minimum have to do entry quests). This greatly benefit raids since it would allow the raid to bring one designated loot scooper (a character in need of faction) to eliminate rots instead of ~4 (one of each archetype plus/minus specific loots). This also benefits all of ^those guys while in no way taking away from players who like to do lots of quests killing greens or collecting rare items or whatever.

Mechanic:
The NPC would work similar to Unbinders. Hand them the item and get a prompt of "here you go, now we're better friends" or "give that back, our materialistic 'friendship' remains unchanged".

Lore:
SC could be excited about all the plats they will make. CoI could talk about how much they can learn from the items unique magical properties. BS and the Ikkisith folks will squeal with joy about all the murder they will commit with this new toy.

Man, I would love that. Grinding faction and especially grinding faction for alts sucks bad.

Nobody likes faction grinding alt #11 through the same crap you've done ten times already, that is almost a fact. Some players don't like faction grinding at all and just want to raid. Some people have just enough playtime to attend raids but are hindered because they cannot do all the other stuff.

Two Birds Solution: Eliminating Rots and Circumventing Faction Grinding For ^Those Guys
Add "Equipment Master" NPCs for SC/CoI/BS and Murk/Refuge who will take your nodrop items for faction after you reach a certain threshold (so you at a minimum have to do entry quests). This greatly benefit raids since it would allow the raid to bring one designated loot scooper (a character in need of faction) to eliminate rots instead of ~4 (one of each archetype plus/minus specific loots). This also benefits all of ^those guys while in no way taking away from players who like to do lots of quests killing greens or collecting rare items or whatever.

Mechanic:
The NPC would work similar to Unbinders. Hand them the item and get a prompt of "here you go, now we're better friends" or "give that back, our materialistic 'friendship' remains unchanged".

Lore:
SC could be excited about all the plats they will make. CoI could talk about how much they can learn from the items unique magical properties. BS and the Ikkisith folks will squeal with joy about all the murder they will commit with this new toy.

Idea of the year. Really hope the staff considers this. Think about how many more community PUGs would pop up where the raid leader only claims rots? It would benefit everyone everywhere.

When I played I hated hated HATED questing. I didn't finish my main quest, I did 0 faction quests beyond what was required and as a result I couldn't get flagged for high end raid zones - I had to have someone else let me in every time.

This is a grind based game. XP Grinding and Raiding yield pretty instant results to character power, but questing and factioning was a little more intangible and honestly is the reason I really stopped playing - it was down to either do it or stop progressing. I chose to just stop.

A big mistake made by MMOs and Shards in particular is requiring time instead of skill to progress. Give me a hard monster to throw myself at over and over and I'm all about it. Make me camp easymode green cons for a week straight and I'll find something else to play.

Idea of the year. Really hope the staff considers this. Think about how many more community PUGs would pop up where the raid leader only claims rots? It would benefit everyone everywhere.

When I played I hated hated HATED questing. I didn't finish my main quest, I did 0 faction quests beyond what was required and as a result I couldn't get flagged for high end raid zones - I had to have someone else let me in every time.

This is a grind based game. XP Grinding and Raiding yield pretty instant results to character power, but questing and factioning was a little more intangible and honestly is the reason I really stopped playing - it was down to either do it or stop progressing. I chose to just stop.

A big mistake made by MMOs and Shards in particular is requiring time instead of skill to progress. Give me a hard monster to throw myself at over and over and I'm all about it. Make me camp easymode green cons for a week straight and I'll find something else to play.

even when we were killing blue con mobs you were afk and not playing.

Back
Top Bottom