Frostfang giants should drop giant blood

Hingle

Dalayan Adventurer
I think it would be prudent to add giant blood as a drop from frost and storm giants that inhabit Frostfang zones. Here's my reasoning:
  1. If a giant is living (not a construct, and not undead) it would be reasonable to assume that it would have blood. Frost giants and storm giants are not undead or constructs. They would have blood. Zero blood, zero immersion.
  2. Tailoring recipes require obscene amounts of giant blood for blue ointments. Blue ointment is necessary for every combine with trivial >205 skill.
  3. The drop rate for blood on mobs that drop blood (cyclopes in gorge, giants in iksith, hill giants on dalaya) is already very low. Adding the same chance on additional giants in SE, GD, and EW wouldn't change the difficulty of tailoring, only provide more options for farming. In other words, it wouldn't change tailoring to EZ mode.
  4. It would make the game more fun and increase the happiness of us players.
Thanks!

100% Agree. I've brought this up before in a previous thread about quality of life additions. Would love to see some love for our tradeskillers:

QOL might be the best way to easily retain players (and get some old ones to come back)​

I like this thread. It reminds me of a Classic QOL thread that @Kedrin posted years ago.
  • Additional Tradeskill Tweaks (Drops and Tailoring).
    • Add Giant Blood to Storm's Eye and Stormkeep drop tables. Maybe add some cool hide to DHK drop tables.
    • Add rare ore to high level elementals to reduce need for mining. Perhaps add some rare fish to Kedge / PoWater.
    • Make Violet Ointment Less of a pain in the butt to make (Remove the Urn). Buff the top-end tailored items (if they weren't already).

I recent got blood from a low level mob. What is the value/significance of the blood? Thanks!

This seems like an easy win idea, especially since a couple bounties promote killing of those dirty giants. Could help out Trade Skillers

Back
Top Bottom