Form of the River Keeper + Blood Feast

Nebi

Dalayan Pious Diety
Hello!

I would like to start off and say that before a particular banned "cleric,
shaman, ranger, X, Y,Z" exploited this spell it used to be really amazing. The spell in conjunction with normal use weapons used to give a shaman up to 200 - 300 dps when you got 4 levels of Blood Feast. As it stands right now each level of blood feast is giving about 25dps (i parsed level 4 and it gave 100 total dps just about).

Please see the parses below:
Buffs on both fights - COTP, Both Shaman stats, Rfocus, NO HASTE

This is without bear form
Damage by Total % of Tot Time DPS Scaled Hits Max hit Avg hit Dmg to PC NPC DPS Special
Total 151219 100% 3592 42 42 1265 430 119 0 0
Diashan 151219 100% 3592 42 42 1265 430 119 0 0

with bear form and level 4 bear tome
Damage by Total % of Tot Time DPS Scaled Hits Max hit Avg hit Dmg to PC NPC DPS Special
Total 492174 100% 3479 141 141 1560 1904 315 0 0
Diashan 492174 100% 3479 141 141 1560 1904 315 0 0

Rounding it up to level 4 its only a 100 dps increase. that is with the bear form and with 4 levels of bear tome.

As it stands the spell is extremely nerfed and unless you have level 4 of bear tome done you can second guess even putting it up on your spell bar.

Recap:

Shaman spell sucks now
Shaman spell didnt suck before
Shaman spell proc tome didnt suck before
Shaman spell proc tome sucks now (because of the bear proc)
Shaman spell proc frequency should be increased again
Shaman spell proc should be dependent on weapon as before. but have a cap so you cant use 1/10 weapons solely for the proc.
Parses done both times for about an hour and with the same buffs.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention i did both parses at 1 hour each on said level 65 mob.

100dps increase with NO haste means a much larger increase with haste, also 100dps increase for a non dps class seems really good and better than what a lot of classes have.

100dps is probably a larger increase than force of body 4 or elemental fists 4 for monks. And what you are really talking about with haste is more of a 150+ dps increase even though you have decided to use deceptive troll math.

100dps increase with NO haste means a much larger increase with haste, also 100dps increase for a non dps class seems really good and better than what a lot of classes have.

That's 100 dps total. Normal bear form proc itself is like 50 or 60 its ~40 dps increase for 4 books.

<Fidel> ok i posted in the shamen thread
<Fidel> you are welcome
<Fidel> to be clear I only even read the first 3 lines of your post.

Looks like more derps then Manual of Condemnation 4 output AND you dont even have to press Bash every 8sec.
Working as intended prob lmao

This dps increase is significantly less for lesser geared shaman and will be significantly less with dots being cast.
Really, because 1 dude that continually broke the server rules decided to 'exploit' this spell via not reporting it's effects on low delay weapons, all shaman saw a significant nerf to a fun class defining spell and tomes.

Iirc, the proc chance increases the higher delay weapon you have thus making the spire the superior weapon for this

Iirc, the proc chance increases the higher delay weapon you have thus making the spire the superior weapon for this

This was changed because of a certain person decided to exploit something within the spell. This post is trying to address a change which was done for the worst.

Are you saying that is not how it works now?

What im trying to say is that previously faster weapons gave more procs. this made it so using 1h weapons which are superior to the 2her from spires was the better alternative. Everyone knew this was the case (due to parses) but it took a special person to go ahead and say let me just go to the fastest weapon and forget about stats to fully exploit the spell.

When you put stuff like that in the game, you're literally asking for it to get exploited. No matter if Eisley is playing or not, someone is gonna get a wand of altered mana and swing away. Even then, with the changes ,you can just use a spire of sympathy to get the most procs, and take advantage of the slow swinging to cast dots in between for maximum dps. Nothing to fix you just can't use the tier 9 1 hander off skeledragonbro

When you put stuff like that in the game, you're literally asking for it to get exploited. No matter if Eisley is playing or not, someone is gonna get a wand of altered mana and swing away. Even then, with the changes ,you can just use a spire of sympathy to get the most procs, and take advantage of the slow swinging to cast dots in between for maximum dps. Nothing to fix you just can't use the tier 9 1 hander off skeledragonbro

I dont understand your point of view in this game. This staff literally tells you that if you find something you consider an exploit in the least bit let people know about it. Why are you above everyone else?

When Ritual was first implemented within the first day of me finishing the tome i petitioned that the tome was giving free heals and damage for no detrimental effect. Did I have to do this? absolutely not but its the right thing to do. I understand he was your mentor and brought you out of the scums of your previous guild to join the scums of a higher tire guild but some common sense goes a long way.

I dont understand your point of view in this game. This staff literally tells you that if you find something you consider an exploit in the least bit let people know about it. Why are you above everyone else?

When Ritual was first implemented within the first day of me finishing the tome i petitioned that the tome was giving free heals and damage for no detrimental effect. Did I have to do this? absolutely not but its the right thing to do. I understand he was your mentor and brought you out of the scums of your previous guild to join the scums of a higher tire guild but some common sense goes a long way.
what are you even talking about? Whether or not you report it, the only way to fix these things that are exploitable, is to make them not exploitable! That is what happened here

what are you even talking about? Whether or not you report it, the only way to fix these things that are exploitable, is to make them not exploitable! That is what happened here
Yeah, but the fix caused the spell and class tome to take a nose dive, so what is saying is that the fix needs fixed.

From testing I did when I first started playing again it seems to be a scaled ppm kind of thing. Sure with a two hander you'll see more "procs" IE more swings will generate a proc, but you won't get any more procs over a period of time with a two hander than a one hander it seemed. I don't know that I parsed long enough to provide an accurate representation however.

Aren't all non-weapon melee effects (i.e., illusion procs, rbow, etc.) supposed to be: (delay * 3)/20 percent chance to proc?

Back
Top Bottom