Flame of Light

Kirin Folken

Dalayan Elder
This spell has almost Zero use for a paladin when they get it.

Flame of Light:

Classes: PAL(50)
Mana cost: 85 Range: 200 Spell skill: Evocation
Cast time: 2 seconds AE radius: 0 Resist type: Magic
Recharge time: 18 seconds AE duration: N/A Resist adjust: 0
Duration: N/A Target type: All Restrictions: none

HP (per Tick) : 125 - 125

... A single target Fire Nuke (though above says Magic?) with no Resist mod. When would a paladin use this over thier blind? Stun? Divine Stun? Some clicky? a Bow? Thrown Dagger? Sending the ranger in to take the alpha hit?

Thier really isn't a reason to use it over anything else. Spell slots are in big demand, and this spell never sees the light on day on it other then novilty the first time you get the spell.

It has been discussed in passing from time to time to get turned into a PBAoE fire damage spell to give it a use.

Suggestion:

Turn Flame of Light into a PBAoE Fire spell for damage. Currently Paladins AoE damage only exsists vs Undead. Giving them a Normal AoE damage spell would give them a AoE damage option for things when undead arn't involved. This would also go well into thier Roll of AoE tank.

Something like....

Mana cost: 240 Range: 0 Spell skill: Evocation
Cast time: 2 seconds AE radius: 30 Resist type: Fire
Recharge time: 24 seconds AE duration: N/A Resist adjust: -25
Duration: 5 Ticks Target type: Point Black AoE Restrictions: none

HP (per Tick) : 300 - 300 Once
Armor Class: 12

*Note: I'm not sure just how much aggro a debuff biuld into this would generate. The idea behind it is to add just a hint of aggro beyond Damage.

Thier really isn't a reason to use it over anything else. Spell slots are in big demand, and this spell never sees the light on day on it other then novilty the first time you get the spell.

This is definitely a spell that would not be missed if it disappeared tomorrow. Since there are a limited number of spells, this is a good spell to replace. An AOE nuke would be welcome, but almost any spell would be preferable.

I found it useful against Tidefang, when we did that adept, but I just don't see it staying in my spellbar otherwise. Since Tidefang is stun immune, it made for a good follow up to my blind spell.
I thought the ikisith thread for pally spells, and the hybrid spell posting both mentioned various upgrades/replacements of this spell.

I'd be happy if it got changed to a non damaging pbaoe that wasn't a magic resist check since both wave of light and word of the crusader are magic based, and there are plenty of mobs out there with insanely high resist to magic.

I'd be happy if it got changed to a non damaging pbaoe that wasn't a magic resist check since both wave of light and word of the crusader are magic based, and there are plenty of mobs out there with insanely high resist to magic.

I can see some potential issues with letting paladins have another PBAoE aggro spell that caused no damage. As much as I would love one, I understand why we dont :)
Case in point.. if they wanted paladins to have this option they would have just let the 35th level PBAoE Blind work with Wave of light, like our other blinds.

Note on tidefang.... even with Stun Immunity you would have been better off useing your stuns because of thier DD compnent and Aggro. Stuns have a bit more aggro vs a same damage DD. (or at least that was my impression from patch notes in the past. Also seemed to hold true in practice as Word of the Crusader has more aggro then Sancty dispite Sancity doing x3 more damage.).

On a side note, Divine Favor is another paladin spell that if I found it deleted tomorrow from the game would never miss. But not entirely sure what would be good fix for that spell.

True, stuns are supposed to contain more agro, even if stun-immune. But rather low cha on my pally makes them get resisted more (magic resist check), while the fire nuke landed every time.
I support the idea of turning it into a pbae fire nuke though, that would fit into the flavor of the class, still.

Divine Favor is mostly useless though. As runes go, it isn't really much to speak of, a lvl 52 enc runes for 700, compared to the mere 150 the pally has. Perhaps instead, make it an upgrade to the lvl 49 Divine Might, a self only proc spell. But the buff bar is tight as it is, not certain it would see use that way either.

Divine Favor:
Granted Enchanter Rune should be night and day better then the paladin. But for the paladin to use... the recast is Horrible on the spell, it doesn't Rune for much at all. The Rune to work as is, ether needs to be a lot bigger (our Spell rune which almost never gets used is at least 500 pt rune), or have a recast time VERY small. So you can use the 150pt rune every pull.

I had thought about Divine Favor becomeing a upgrade to Divine Might (heck even shares the name convention!!). I'm not sure if just a straight up increase to Divine might is the right direction to go for the spell, because you then start stepping on Wizard toes a bit. Granted its a self only buff so maybe.

2 Thoughts to make the spell orginal...

1) Make Divine Favor a PBAoE Proc, even if it was something like 50 DD Proc. Its something a paladin might consider useing while in groups over just useing that buff slot of a tanking buff. I know on my paladin I dont use Proc Buffs unless I dont have certain buffs because buff slots are to much in demand. A PBAOE proc due to paladins multi-tanking would be a bit more intersting.

or

2) Carrying on with paladins self only buffs (We have AC, AC + Hp Hp, Resist buffs, Proc Buff, Haste Buff) Turn Divine Favor into a Self only buff that uses the same slot as Druid WoN line, and Shaman Focus line. This way the buff is really only ever going to be used when a Shaman or druid isn't around, and won't stack. (I think the caster Aegis of Magic is also useing this same buff slot if I recall).

Maybe something like:

Divine Favor:
Classes: PAL(55)
Mana cost: 200 Range: 100 Spell skill: Alteration
Cast time: 4 seconds AE radius: NA Resist type: N/A
Recharge time: Instant AE duration: N/A Resist adjust: 0
Duration: 720 ticks ticks Target type: Self Restrictions: none

Total HP : 100
HP (Once) : 100
Current mana : 2
CHA: 25
ATK: 20
Screech : 69
Screech : 10

A weak hybird of Focus/PotG

This spell has almost Zero use for a paladin when they get it.

Flame of Light:

Mana cost: 85 Range: 200 Spell skill: Evocation
Cast time: 2 seconds AE radius: 0 Resist type: Magic
Recharge time: 18 seconds AE duration: N/A Resist adjust: 0
Duration: N/A Target type: All Restrictions: none

HP (per Tick) : 125 - 125

Something like....

Mana cost: 240 Range: 0 Spell skill: Evocation
Cast time: 2 seconds AE radius: 30 Resist type: Fire
Recharge time: 24 seconds AE duration: N/A Resist adjust: -25
Duration: 5 Ticks Target type: Point Black AoE Restrictions: none

HP (per Tick) : 300 - 300 Once
Armor Class: 12

*Note: I'm not sure just how much aggro a debuff biuld into this would generate. The idea behind it is to add just a hint of aggro beyond Damage.

This would be a great idea. Considering we have no real ae control until way way later in the game.

Also idk about the other spell, we cant really touch on druid/shm territory however,

Divine Favor:
Mana cost: 200 Range: 100 Spell skill: Alteration
Cast time: 4 seconds AE radius: NA Resist type: N/A
Recharge time: Instant AE duration: N/A Resist adjust: 0
Duration: 720 ticks ticks Target type: Self Restrictions: none

TO

Divine Favor:
Mana Cost: 250
AE heal for 600hps
7 sec cast time
3 sec recharge time

Make it something close to the cleric group heal they get at like level 45 or something.

Yeah, I've got a weapon with that proc too...

Though, I'm one of 3 people to have it, so it's not on Wiki..

Crosier of Immaculate Judgement.

Yeah, I've got a weapon with that proc too...

Though, I'm one of 3 people to have it, so it's not on Wiki..

Crosier of Immaculate Judgement.

FIXT. I have seen one of these drop before, I just don't remember which boss in comercy. It's the prison event thingy isn't it?

Well TBH it feels like there really isn't much option for paladins to use on their spell bar. Blind,Blind,Heal,heal,heal,hot,Stun,stun and thats it for your spell bar something would have to be really really good in order to make int on there. the 2 aoe undead nukes replace stuns when fighting undead.

I'd like to see paladins get some more spells though Group heal would be Great for overall usefulness of a paladin in a raid. I feel that under geared paladins Shadow knights and warriors get shafted on the over all game experience by being limited to exp/ raid in zones they can take hits from, not to mention the over all use of ringers sorta makes being a raiding warrior/sk/paladin Hurt but at the same time groups still have huge demand for tanks.

I suggest Giving Paladins some more healing utility in raids and SK's and warriors more DPS utility in raids. Ultimately getting rid of that whole "Paladins do the most damage of the tanks"

Utility ideas
Bonus Aux tanking from Paladins SK's Warriors. Having increased Aux bonuses for these classes like 2x ac aux bonus.
Improving the /s 9 to decreasing avoidance even more and increase DPS (Spell DPS would be nice as well)

All in all Tank Classes are fine for when they are tanking. When they are not I think is what needs to be adjusted. having more then 1 tank class in a group should not gimp your group as much as it does.

Last edited:
Well TBH it feels like there really isn't much option for paladins to use on their spell bar. Blind,Blind,Heal,heal,heal,hot,Stun,stun and thats it for your spell bar something would have to be really really good in order to make int on there. the 2 aoe undead nukes replace stuns when fighting undead.

I'd like to see paladins get some more spells though Group heal would be Great for overall usefulness of a paladin in a raid. I feel that under geared paladins Shadow knights and warriors get shafted on the over all game experience by being limited to exp/ raid in zones they can take hits from, not to mention the over all use of ringers sorta makes being a raiding warrior/sk/paladin Hurt but at the same time groups still have huge demand for tanks.

I suggest Giving Paladins some more healing utility in raids and SK's and warriors more DPS utility in raids. Ultimately getting rid of that whole "Paladins do the most damage of the tanks"

Utility ideas
Bonus Aux tanking from Paladins SK's Warriors. Having increased Aux bonuses for these classes like 2x ac aux bonus.
Improving the /s 9 to decreasing avoidance even more and increase DPS (Spell DPS would be nice as well)

All in all Tank Classes are fine for when they are tanking. When they are not I think is what needs to be adjusted. having more then 1 tank class in a group should not gimp your group as much as it does.

Nifty ideas there, but I think they belong in their own thread. not messing up a thread about a spell, that the devs have already said needs adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom