--- Fixed Finally ----- Rust / Faction

Blubuds

Dalayan Beginner
OK so i'm going to try and keep this really short ..

Basicly i'm kos to Robots there. Cuz I have killled them for a long time in the past .

I'm indiff to the necros.

And i'm Doubus to druids. (however here lies the problem)

I spent a few hours killing druids and we killed quite a bit of them I got faction messeage but nothing changed i'm still not kos nor did faction change with any of the rest of them. This is on both of my toons however other people in the group became kos and non kos to robots. If I remember right it dosn't take many kills to get kos .. but alot more to become non kos .. But after about 150 mobs I sould surely be kos. Sence the rest of the world only takes a few kills from dob....

I have talk to foonie about this all he could do is tell me to talk to a dev.

But I think this is by far thinkmeats area so i'm pleading for you help here ..

I'm after the key from there but with out being able to do faction not much I can do.

If you would like you can contact me on my toons and I would kill and show ya.

Re: Rust / Faction

You need to add the names of your toons to your post so TM can contact you in-game. Rust is sometimes a little buggy with repops/aggro, but I have never heard of faction issues there. Are you sure you were just killing one faction and not opposing factions? There is a spot in rust where all 3 factions meet up. If you killed here, it would be hard to tell where your faction was after only a couple of hours.

It is Zummba / Uzzdaar having the problem here (not sure one or both of them here).
I will back him up here as I was like him; full KOS to Machines. Don't remember what I was with druids before attacking but prolly threatening or more .
We hunted in druid's area enough for me to get Indiff again to machines ; but when tis guy conned he was still scowl, which I don't understand really. Apparently he didn't get any faction hits during the hunting , cause he was still dubious at the end with druids o_O . Maybe it's not related to the zone then, but if it's possible it would be really neato if it was fixable.

Yea, you probably just haven't killed enough to move your faction or other such. If it doesn't change after you've been there for a while longer, then I'll take a look-see.

And yes, it's 100% certain not related to the zone. The most it could be is if there's a problem with the faction, but that would impact everyone and not just you. It's far more likely that your guys were too far away or didn't have aggro or whatever and weren't getting faction hits the old-fashioned way.

Spiritplx said:
You need to add the names of your toons to your post so TM can contact you in-game. Rust is sometimes a little buggy with repops/aggro, but I have never heard of faction issues there. Are you sure you were just killing one faction and not opposing factions? There is a spot in rust where all 3 factions meet up. If you killed here, it would be hard to tell where your faction was after only a couple of hours.

There are bugs with repops/aggro? Or do you just mean with the raid mobs, because yea, those can be a little saucy at times. But if you're thinking along the lines of repops with nameds, then you're actually noticing a swanky lil' bit of code that basically makes it more likely for a named to pop when you're actively clearing the stuff in the area of it :toot:

I have no documentation of any events, but I remember some weird aggro pull where a bunch of undead and humans came to the machine side and attacked us. Also, we had Arbitrator spawn in (literally) 30 seconds after he was killed. We had noticed the spawn times being pretty random before, so just assumed it was working as intended. I guess "buggy" might have been a bit misleading.

We get huge trains of rust watchers in factory. They always come after the necromancer also.

With no one else in the zone mind you. Also it seems to happen anywhere in the factory.

Waldoff said:
We get huge trains of rust watchers in factory. They always come after the necromancer also.

I'm not sure what you mean by "come after the necromancer". Rust watchers = only the ranger mobs, not the other kinds of rust mobs?

It seems to be the same 4 or 5 spawns (because in a single night its always the same type of mobs that come after us) but it seems to happen when you send a necro pet to attack a factory npc. Maybe the grats fuck with something? no idea. Felyn/Allielyn etc can vouch though. It has knocked out Mollie more than once =p

Thinkmeats said:
I'm not sure what you mean by "come after the necromancer". Rust watchers = only the ranger mobs, not the other kinds of rust mobs?

"Come after the necromancer" means that after they're done aggroing the mobs you're killing, they'll aggro anybody in the group that is kos to them (of course!). In this case, that's the necromancer. The rest of us stand there and watch them with a "WTC" look on our faces.

Mostly annoying (Mollie can FD) but can cause worse if other groupies are KoS or Mollie fails.

That's really really bizarre. I have absolutely no idea what could even cause that. If you're in a situation where you think you can trigger it, give me a poke and ill come look.

Dzillon said:
It is Zummba / Uzzdaar having the problem here (not sure one or both of them here).
I will back him up here as I was like him; full KOS to Machines. Don't remember what I was with druids before attacking but prolly threatening or more .
We hunted in druid's area enough for me to get Indiff again to machines ; but when tis guy conned he was still scowl, which I don't understand really. Apparently he didn't get any faction hits during the hunting , cause he was still dubious at the end with druids o_O . Maybe it's not related to the zone then, but if it's possible it would be really neato if it was fixable.

I think the code that used to be in for group experiences still applies to faction; if you don't engage a mob you don't get a faction hit. Also, I've noticed not getting XP/faction before because of a bugged raid I was still in, either of those things would be pretty difficult to pin down but provide the results he described.

Does healing count as engage ? cause he was healer with cleric & grouphot +melee on pally...
And this was a mere group of 5 people.
Group bug you think ? although he was getting xp on both toons ?

Thinkmeats said:
Yea, you probably just haven't killed enough to move your faction or other such. If it doesn't change after you've been there for a while longer, then I'll take a look-see.

And yes, it's 100% certain not related to the zone. The most it could be is if there's a problem with the faction, but that would impact everyone and not just you. It's far more likely that your guys were too far away or didn't have aggro or whatever and weren't getting faction hits the old-fashioned way.

There are bugs with repops/aggro? Or do you just mean with the raid mobs, because yea, those can be a little saucy at times. But if you're thinking along the lines of repops with nameds, then you're actually noticing a swanky lil' bit of code that basically makes it more likely for a named to pop when you're actively clearing the stuff in the area of it :toot:

Well I was getting the faction messages and I was merleeing on pally and healing w/ cleric .. so ...
If you would like you can go there and watch me I can kill as many as I won't I don't get the faction. I have been back there I can still kill them and I get messages but it dosn't change.

As for the comment about not killing enough .. it's normaly like what 15 mobs tops from indiff to Kos.

After 2 Full clears .. i'm still not kos .. yes it has to be a faction issue. Zonewide maybe ..
Effecting everyone no.

The people that were with my were getting faction change while I was not.

For the 2 far away why Would I get the messages then? or do you still?
Is it's a range issue and i'm hitting the mob could this be changed?
My other toon is a cleric how far can I be and still get the faction?

I guess I still have the problem but i'm out of idea of what it could all I can do is show you and let you see for yourself.

This is just a trash mob problem as far as I can tell so far .. I havn't raided rust..
but something is really odd about this.

Back
Top Bottom