Fishing map rate changed?

luciferblack

Dalayan Elder
Over the past few months I've been seeming to catch way fewer maps than I used to. This is even after I bought a better fishing pole. I have 258 fishing counting the equipment mods and last night 32 stacks of bait netted me a single VE map (and not even any simples).

I've tried multiple islands in Sea of Storms as well as fishing last night entirely in Storm Sea.

Pretty much the same results. Has the catch rate been changed? It was a pretty good time sink before and you'd often get boned catching multiple simple maps in a night, but sometimes it would pay off with better maps. Now it just seems to not be working well.

Maybe I'm unlucky with the RNG for the past couple months...

Anyone else have similar results?

Yea I know what you are talking about. About 3months ago I would get at least one map, while fishing on my lunch hour at work. Now I'm lucky if I get one map in 2weeks. And my fishing is at 260.

Hai, tinfoilers. I still average about 1 map per bag of bait. The other night was outstanding, with 1 simple, 3 VE, 2 E, 2 mod, 1 D, and 2 VD in my six bags of bait (that would be 120 stacks). Nah, didn't get any ED, but that's probably because RNG hates me. The week before, I got 2 simples, 2 Extremely Difficult (typing that out so you know it's not a typo) in 2 hours.

Tonight, my luck was 1 simple, 2 VE, 1 E, 1 mod, in about 3 bags of bait (60 stacks).

I'm also at 258. It's still completely random.

The correct way to measure your rate of fishing maps is not maps/hour or maps/session but maps/bait used. Try keeping track of your results that way and see how much your numbers really are fluctuating.

When I did a lot of fishing and kept track it ended up pretty consistent but the overall rate is fairly low so even small downswings can feel pretty crushing, and picking up a map or two higher than average the next few times doesn't feel nearly as good.

I dont know much about fishing, but my understanding was that if there are more fishers, everyone will catch less (especially of the better maps)?

Maybe there are just more people fishing recently?

Fishing Pays off more then any other tradeskill. It would be nice if there was more to it then just fish and maps. But its Fishing, Nothing magical about that.

this is crazy do you know how much effort is required to change map drop rates? more than 0! and we're talking woldaff or me as being the potential culprits here and we have better things to do.

take a stats class and see what you can find out about sufficient sample sizes for an event with a very very very low occurrence rate or whatever (i haven't taken this class either but one of us probably should).

Back
Top Bottom