first ruins

Anti Eh

Dalayan Elder
dumb question but thought i'd ask.

is it ok to:
have a mage and druid camped at bottom of first ruins, lets say near the element princes,
group toons, evac druid. camp mage, load/invite ur toon you want to kill with down there with
log druid. load mage , coth char past content that isnt 6man.
repeat for next char u want to duo with.

def falls under content skiping but should be the same as using coth in blackburrow which is ok?
yes i know im lazy but thoughts?

Im in favor of devs filling those tunnels with very angry mimics and rhinos that hit for obscene amounts.

I'm working on getting a broad solution for these issues implemented. We got a prototype working in-game right now and, well, I think I'm just going to request it be brought to its logical conclusion. Basically it will make what you are suggesting impossible (it is, after all, plainly content-skipping) without having to rely on reports and GMs to punish people or whatever. The downside is it will possibly affect... mining bots? Hopefully the few people with mining bots will forgive me.

if I'm reading it right, you're talking about cothing past regular exp mobs, which isn't content skipping by any definition I've read. People have been kiting/fding all over that zone for years, whats the matter with using coth?

However, if you're talking about Rohk, then yes. And I've already pre-warned slaariel that this is going to happen at some point (camping mages in front of rohk)

Just to clarify, coth is a trouble spell but the vision is that it's for getting people into and out of raids not camping deep in a dungeon and yanking members past trash to Big Money Mobs or whatever. Camping in a dungeon past trash and logging in to kill stuff is not really an action we want to endorse and using coth along with this only compounds everything etc etc.

Anyway won't be an issue much longer!

sure, but people have been camping SKs in first ruins for literally years. a t9 SK can solo any of the named down there and it's one of the staples of charm farming. coth is just a different method to skip to the interesting mobs. why change it now? being able to be efficient is one of the cool things that sets players apart.

people doing stuff like this for 6 man raid mobs is pretty lame, sure, but those are mostly dealt with on a per-encounter basis, and they can be fixed case by case pretty easily.

I think what the OP really wants to know is: is it legal to get a tank and a healer past all those sivakians and bloodfires via CoH so he could farm more pages for a rohk book w/o being colossally annoyed by all these xp mobs between him and the 6man trash.

I support mages, but not bot mages if you use coth to get down you should be required to have a Mage in group, not necessarily the Mage that cothed but a Mage nonetheless.

Do you actually think leeching is a prevalent problem? I cannot possibly imagine more than a handful of people seek it out and I am pretty darn sure the majority of players want nothing to do with them. Most leeching involves someone farming something and just inviting other people to sit there and get exp while they do whatever. The exp generally sucks.

I don't understand why anyone has an issue with botting or leeching.

They have no impact on your gameplay whatsoever. And before someone comes with a "WELL THEY WOULDNT DROP A BOT SO I COULD HAVE A SPOT" spiel, no one is obligated to group with anyone first of all, and secondly that person was probably a jerk anyways. I don't view people who /ooc for leech XP as someone I'd want to be e-friends with either. But like I said, it has no impact on myself logging into the world of Dalaya, and killing things with my guild and friends.

I'll also edit to add, how in the world does someone logging in at 4AM, not being able to find a healer or a tank, and deciding to box said heals/tank so he/she can actually gain some experience dollars hurt the server? How does it hurt the server when a cleric doesn't log in for raids and someone boxes it in so the raid can be successful?

I've never understood the argument that being able to play two characters concurrently hurts a gaming server. It makes zero sense to me. Please learn me on the dangers of 2boxing, PLEASE.

Last edited:
I think the buff bots, and in this case a CotH bot, are what he is referring too. Nothing about 2-boxxing is bad, its the endless bots for things that he's railing against. (Though I don't understand why.)

OOCing for leech xp is pretty scumtastic, but getting leech xp isn't really. Used to let people do it when I was duoing all the time until I had a few random people just fuck up and kill me trying to help, then I ended up just restricting the offer to friends who I knew were competent enough to just sit there, or not buff me with things that overwrite other buffs, or try to tag random mobs, etc.

And yeah, I don't understand the whole rage against bots. I have not yet seen a convincing argument against them on these forums. I remember when I played and did not have access to bots, it sucked. Really really really badly. Maybe this is just because casters are so spectacularly weak without buffs comparatively, but when I finally started to acquire buffbots I spent alot more time actually playing the game and having fun, and a lot less time going fuck I died again, need to spend 20 minutes trying to find someone to buff me, and eventually just quitting because it was 4am.

I think the buff bots, and in this case a CotH bot, are what he is referring too. Nothing about 2-boxxing is bad, its the endless bots for things that he's railing against. (Though I don't understand why.)

Eh, even then as someone else pointed out, having bots designated for things such as that is just a homage to efficiency, something I can both get behind and respect, even when I was a scumbag who had no such bots.

TapeinV,

even when I was a scumbag who had no such bots

That is the only part of what you have said that truly annoys me sir. I am so bloody ass SICK of being more or less Required to bot shit that it is crazy! And believe it or not i DO have access to some seriously kick ass toons to bot if I really felt driven to do it. I even have zero problem with other players doing this.

IMO, this server's problem is an identity crisis. "The Powers", want it to be a grouping / family / Fun Server. Fine, good! Thing is, it does not have the population. It has some concepts implemented that are awesome! On the other hand, it has some seriously unfriendly rules as well. I can even... more or less sympathize with quite a few of these rules as long as you take them "kinda out of context", and one at a time.

The thing is, I do have a few friends here who still play. I can get a group most days. I can even get into "farming stuffs". There are a whole bunch of folks who simply can not, thus they bot things.

Ok, done. I am off to tinker with my own personal EMU now! DONE!

Back
Top Bottom