Faydwer Bind spot

Jamethiel

Dalayan Beginner
It would be nice to be able to bind somewhere on Faydwer. I'm exploring and exp'ing in Greater Faydark and Fearstone Keep right now at 46 and common wandering mobs in Gfay hit for 200+. Elven skeletons, ouch!

If you don't want us to bind in Gfay then maybe open up Felwithe or Butcherblock as a zone that even though it would be empty I could bind there? When mobs can hit for 200+ at that level there's not much room for error and death comes very swiftly. Being able to bind somwhere on Fadywer would reduce the travel time sink somewhat.

One other suggestion:

Lower the required level on the Kaezulian weapons found in Gfay and Fearstone to lvl 40 or 45.

It's silly to be able to kill these guys and not be able to weild the weapons they carry. I'd use the weapons I'm finding, but I have to wait another 4 levels until I hit the required lvl 50.

The point of the faydwers is to be inaccessible. There are plans for the changes and opening of the rest of the zones, but they are coming with the expansion. No other new content is going to be added to those zones, because we are only human and can't constantly pump out zones.

With much respect to the devs who have done a fantastic job on WR:

There's kind of a fine line between making a zone inaccessible and a zone so inaccessible no one goes there. If no one goes there, what's the point in making it? (I haven't seen a single soul save myself in all of Faydwer the last 2 days or so)

Please think on this when designing the newer zones. Traveling somewhere once is a lot of fun. Traveling a 2nd or 3rd time is ok. After that travel is just a time sink. Expand the world without expanding travel options and you've just made the sink into a pool.

I'm big on exploring and trying new things out. WR devs definitely encourage this. In EQ though, this is fun but highly dangerous. I die doing this. I die a lot. I've learned a lot in Faydwer in the last couple of days:

don't let the fae drakes sprinkle fairy dust on you - dead
elven skeletons hit way too hard - dead
don't go certain places or you get darkrooted - dead
corrupted tinkerbells hit way too hard - dead
Kaezul corporals hit way harder than the soldiers - dead
don't pull this Kaezul minion or he will chain aggro a 450hp lifetapping minion - dead
and so on.....

My point is that long cr's can actively discourage exploration. If you constantly try new things that you don't know anything about you have a good chance of death. I really don't have much desire to explore and try any more new things out in Faydwer as the travel time if you die is getting old. Say you form a group and travel to go explore Elendal's or try out the Pixie Dark Lady. No one in the group knows anything about it. What's the odd's of someone dieing? Now if you don't have a cleric to rez how long is the travel time for the dead tank to return to the group?

Please consider this in any new zones you design. By all means make a zone hard to get to and dangerous, but once we get there let us bind nearby and be able to recover from death easily. (And yes, I've done the old school cr's where you got your cr armor out of the bank and ran from Freeport to Guk dead side only to find your group decided to camp and call it a night because you were taking too long to get back.) I'm not sure what the WR devs "vision" on death and cr's is, but this one player prefers quick travel and nearby binding, especially near any place one might wish to group. WR's low population count also leads to quick travel and many bind spot locations in my book.

These are just suggestions, thanks for listening, and great job on WR!

Jamethiel said:
With much respect to the devs who have done a fantastic job on WR:

There's kind of a fine line between making a zone inaccessible and a zone so inaccessible no one goes there. If no one goes there, what's the point in making it? (I haven't seen a single soul save myself in all of Faydwer the last 2 days or so)

Please think on this when designing the newer zones. Traveling somewhere once is a lot of fun. Traveling a 2nd or 3rd time is ok. After that travel is just a time sink. Expand the world without expanding travel options and you've just made the sink into a pool.

I'm big on exploring and trying new things out. WR devs definitely encourage this. In EQ though, this is fun but highly dangerous. I die doing this. I die a lot. I've learned a lot in Faydwer in the last couple of days:

don't let the fae drakes sprinkle fairy dust on you - dead
elven skeletons hit way too hard - dead
don't go certain places or you get darkrooted - dead
corrupted tinkerbells hit way too hard - dead
Kaezul corporals hit way harder than the soldiers - dead
don't pull this Kaezul minion or he will chain aggro a 450hp lifetapping minion - dead
and so on.....

My point is that long cr's can actively discourage exploration. If you constantly try new things that you don't know anything about you have a good chance of death. I really don't have much desire to explore and try any more new things out in Faydwer as the travel time if you die is getting old. Say you form a group and travel to go explore Elendal's or try out the Pixie Dark Lady. No one in the group knows anything about it. What's the odd's of someone dieing? Now if you don't have a cleric to rez how long is the travel time for the dead tank to return to the group?

Please consider this in any new zones you design. By all means make a zone hard to get to and dangerous, but once we get there let us bind nearby and be able to recover from death easily. (And yes, I've done the old school cr's where you got your cr armor out of the bank and ran from Freeport to Guk dead side only to find your group decided to camp and call it a night because you were taking too long to get back.) I'm not sure what the WR devs "vision" on death and cr's is, but this one player prefers quick travel and nearby binding, especially near any place one might wish to group. WR's low population count also leads to quick travel and many bind spot locations in my book.

These are just suggestions, thanks for listening, and great job on WR!

I know what you mean, but maybe like in some zones that are specially made to go at least in duos, it's the same thing with this one: you've got to go with someone, or a group, to survive, maybe that's the way it is supposed to be. Im not sure if it is like im saying, im just supposing.

Faydwer's condition is part of the story of Winter's Roar. It's a corrupted place that is supposed to be dangerous. It will be cleansed, as part of the Trail of Tears Expansion. (It was supposed to be cleansed via quests, but the script engine wasn't possible to do that.)
The Faydarks aren't going to become more accessible in their current state.

I think they said July sometime when they did the broadcast about it in game. But it could really be anytime depending on how hung up they get.

And the guy who posted this thread forgot, all things, the Nightmares! C'mon complaining about difficulty and you miss them?

some info i have found about faydark.

First these zones are storyline related and there are alot of tough mobs in the zones.
Haunted Trees do not roam but have a combo aoe root/dot that hits for around 5k total.
Nightmares are 65th in level, and obviously hit very hard.
Dire animals, pixies, drakes, brownies, faeries. All very nasty but cannot see through invis. The Nightmares also cannot see through invis, however the haunted trees and skeletons can, even invis to undead.
So normal invis is about your only protection. If you ever played live, just think of running through kithicor on live at midnight being level 5. I've seen 65th tanks drop fast to these mobs. So be careful. Eld's, (MM) is a fun zone and good xp. I haven't hunted much in lfay or gfay, specifically for the reason of roaming mobs. (shiver) Fearstone is decent xp, but the castle guards and necros can be really mean. The warrior standing by the cabin near slave pits will aggro others inside. So be ready for a four pull. There are also alot hiding in the tents behind slave area that will come in pairs. All in all, faydark can be fun, but the risk is high. Currently the closest place to bind is wyvernfang coast. Remember this is part of the War, it's tough and can get messy. You can ask anyone I love exploring. But the only reason I ever go to Faydark now is for Elds. I've died enough to Haunted Trees and those skeletons to last me a loooooong time :sadf:

Hehe Duma, I didn't mention Nightmares because I haven't tried to take one on yet. I also didn't mention everyone's favorite lesser fay pests, the brownies! And dont' tell me Kaezul corrupted them. They were mean, nasty, ill-tempered buggers long before Kaezul ever met them! :)

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the difficulty of the Faydwer zones. I found it challenging and fun to hunt and explore there. It's because of the difficulty of the zones that I find myself wishing for a closer bind spot.

Back
Top Bottom