Fame Rewards

iBluNT

Dalayan Elder
I've made 1 or 2 threads about fame already but none really got any attention. Tev did recently as well, I think. Third time's a charm?

Basically I think it'd be cool to be able to consolidate fame, as Tev mentioned, on accounts. If they're registered under the same e-mail, I don't see a reason why you can't consolidate fame. I understand the rules as of now are, if you want to purchase something for another character of yours - you have to have the total sum on the one character you're donating from.

Also, I think fame rewards need a serious overhaul. Some people play this game for years, even decades, and still don't have enough fame to buy a Melwin's Idol for 100 pts. It seems that obtaining fame is not becoming any easier, so why not at least make the rewards appealing.

It costs 50 fame points for 1 AA. 1 AA. Yes, 1 AA.

Some interesting stuff would be like being able to fix your alignment, or buy some neat stat food. Literally all of the top end fame rewards are fireworks and stuff that have absolutely no enhancement or working graphical effect.

Please help.

The only reason I can think of to not transfer fame is that there are some events where fame is given out per character and you can run it multiple times with alts to try and game the system. This is obviously super minimal in reality, but I think was part of the concern back in the old days. As for using emails, I want to say SoD has posted somewhere recommending players to NOT use the same email for different accounts, so those players following the recommendation not being able to transfer fame would be a bit of a shame for them. You could possibly use PoA for accounts but there's a few instances that would get fishy on ownership. Perhaps original owners of accounts only. Ultimately all of these are pretty minimal reasons and corner cases could be resolved individually I think.

I agree that the fame rewards and/or the rate at which fame is given is pretty abysmal. I'm pretty sure the fame list was made back when AAs were still like a big deal and Ikisith wasn't out yet. We've had some big paradigm shifts since then and I think updating the list is a bit of a no-brainer. The staff is pretty inconsistent with giving out fame, but that's a whole separate thing. So I think that adjusting the fame rewards system is the better approach. I disagree with alignment fixes being a part of the rewards system though.

many years ago I posted about the fame problem and how lackluster it is by having it doled out by just the staff in barely noticeable increments which they still should do but as stated players that have played sod religiously for an upwards of 10+ years that have not even reached half way or less on fame feels real bad. Fame rewards are very outdated and way overdue for a revamp !

Mighty Foe XP bonus, plug some fame into this.
Killing every adept at least once should yield fame on the final boogeyman adept kill.
Upgrading seeker aug could yield a scaling fame reward.

i still think you should be able to earn fame by streaming on twitch. having a deterministic way to gain fame that helps the server grow would be really cool.

Characters should earn a small amount of fame each birthday that grows the older they are. This could be further enhanced by level/aa.
Example: a level 10 alt would earn 10 fame a year while a lvl 65 earns 65. Every 100aa earns an extra 1 fame per year.
The completion of big quest could also flag fame rewards / increase yearly reward. Vah comes to mind.

The stronger/older toons are more famous so this makes sense to me and it rewards the veteran players with mostly aesthetic things like race changes.

Just imagine how much fame you could amass with 2000 seasonal tokens if fame was transferable!

i still think you should be able to earn fame by streaming on twitch. having a deterministic way to gain fame that helps the server grow would be really cool.

I can essentially give out 5 - 10 fame w/o approval. this was an option that i stopped because a few nerds in certain guilds were crying about how unfair streaming was. This is why you cant have nice things.

I can essentially give out 5 - 10 fame w/o approval. this was an option that i stopped because a few nerds in certain guilds were crying about how unfair streaming was. This is why you cant have nice things.
Unsure why they care. I think you also gave out blessed zones to streamers? Maybe give a much less desirable solution for fame to go along with streaming.

Back
Top Bottom