EVIL/LAWFUL quests?

Aethyr

Dalayan Beginner
Doing a search on the wiki didn't come up with much. There is the evil sideline in the MQ but other then that, there doesn't seem to be much available. So what quests out there change your alignment?

I'm thinking of doing the Silver Crown on my shadowknight, since Silver Crown are "lawful". I imagine it will be more difficult to raise lawful then it will be to do so evil. And it will also be harder to distinguish between "evil" and "chaotic", so my lawful/chaotic faction might vary more easily then my evil faction, so I rather solidify my lawful faction versus my evil. However, I am worried that it will also mess up my home town faction, since Silver Crown hates Blackscale, making visiting home a bit more difficult.

Any thoughts on this?

P.S. Do you know if you can do the heartland's quests before you are ready to do them in the Main Quest without messing up the MQ?

There are a few little things, for instance there's a beggar in newport that you can either help or spit on, so to speak.. I'm pretty sure there's a faction change associated with that.

Allielyn said:
There are a few little things, for instance there's a beggar in newport that you can either help or spit on, so to speak.. I'm pretty sure there's a faction change associated with that.

There wasn't when I did that dialoge over a year ago - can't be repeated either.

Aethyr said:
Yes, but is spitting on him evil or is it chaotic, thats the :psyduck:
Most likely evil. Chaotic is essentially fighting against the establishment... breaking laws and so on. Evil is just being a jerkface, which is the category spitting on a beggar falls into.

I didnt' mean actually spitting, I was speaking metaphorically =(. I couldn't remember the quest dialogue options but there's definitely one where you are a jerk to him. That's all.

Allielyn said:
I didnt' mean actually spitting, I was speaking metaphorically =(. I couldn't remember the quest dialogue options but there's definitely one where you are a jerk to him. That's all.
OIC!

Well, the basic guideline remains: breaking laws = chaotic, and it can be done for good (e.g. stealing from the rich and giving to the poor for a quest, robin hood style, would be chaotic good) or for evil (stealing from someone to make them starve to death). Meanwhile, evil basically corresponds with cruelty, malice, etc. It's doing stuff that would make you the bad guy in a Disney movie.

its been a long time, but I remember giving murt money, and getting no faction. When I hailed him again, he just asked for more money.

robopirateninja said:
its been a long time, but I remember giving murt money, and getting no faction. When I hailed him again, he just asked for more money.
He's a smooth operator, that one is.

robopirateninja said:

Who exactly would you get faction with for giving a one eyed guy money?

ryutakin said:
Should always be a negative faction hit. Supporting the vietnam vets is a terrible thing.
who determines if you're "good" or "evil"? whoever that is, is the guy who i'd say would give you faction for giving money to the one-eyed man.

Aaubert said:
who determines if you're "good" or "evil"?

url

maybe you do get alignment for giving him money, i definitely got alignment for picking the option of killing him.

one important thing is I think there may be a lack of 'quests' or things to do in the game to alter your characters alignment, especially for older characters that have completed majority of the major quests in the game before the alignment changes took place or for characters that were wishy-washy when it came to being good or bad before picking a final alignment for their character.

Back
Top Bottom