Eq Emu Servers

Considering how big of dicks they are about advertising on various eqrelated forums, I wouldn't doubt if their GM/admins are a joke too.

Their dev team has no fucking clue what they're doing, which is sad as Rogean is included in this and he runs the entire EQEmu project. I was one of the absolutely best geared characters, put in months of time on the server to be banned by Rogean for "warping" while running no illegal third party hacks that would even allow me to do so. He even showed me the logs and any random idiot would be able to ascertain from them that what was being shown wasn't cheating. The "warping" only occurred extremely sporadically around certain times which I assume is lag, and 80% of the log was Kedge Keep which was/is very buggy. So according to his logs, I only ran illegal hacks inside of Kedge Keep and an hour or two per week in other zones. I also wouldn't be surprised if some/most/all of the stuff was just entered into the logs manually by him. Around this time he was pissed at a friend of mine, because of a late payment on a server he was renting (which wasn't even his fault, he was waiting on money from another guy who wanted to dev and disappeared). Rogean apparently got very pissed off about not receiving his $75 (which my friend was going to cover anyways) so he started spreading lies saying that he was hacking accounts on P99. This dude's so shady.

The rest of the P99 team are just idiots. When our guild was dominating the raid scene, GMs would appear as we were about to engage raid targets and say "hey anyone who attacks Nagafen will be banned for a week, we're gonna let Scrub Guild B take a shot at this." Eventually they just forced a rotation, and turned a blind eye when Scrub Guild B were cheating to beat content they couldn't actually defeat on their own (such as crashing Permafrost repeatedly until Vox lost her AEs). Which is another thing, a lot of encounters worked absolutely flawlessly on PEQ, yet would constantly break on P99. I just don't understand how mobs can lose/change script PLs on zone crashes. Mayong Mistmoore (lol custom content on a classic server) was another example of this. He was tuned ridiculously high, much harder than even Phara Dar during classic level 50 level cap. Regardless, we were working on a strategy and even making headway defeating him. One night Scrub Guild B strolls in and kills him. I was watching (they even cried and tried to have a GM remove me from zone), and he had lost 95% of his abilities. Next respawn we go back to Mistmoore, and he's back to his original rape mode. I should also mention that Scrub Guild B's guildleader is a GM.

So many other developmental issues I can't even begin to list. GMs kept saying mobs like Pyzjn, Bilge, and Quillmane were spawning while they absolutely weren't. When Quillmane was finally fixed you could spawn her about every 5 minutes once you figured out the trigger mob, I had 2 cloaks within a half an hour. Also stated the Thex Dagger quest was in and working when it absolutely wasn't, most of the NPCs weren't even spawned correctly. I offered to explain how the quest worked to the GMs and I was ignored. It's also taken them longer to release content such as Sol Ro Temple and Plane of Hate than it took Verant originally, which is amusing considering that the database work on these zones have been finished for many years (by PEQ).

Last edited:
When our guild was dominating the raid scene, GMs would appear as we were about to engage raid targets and say "hey anyone who attacks Nagafen will be banned for a week, we're gonna let Scrub Guild B take a shot at this." Eventually they just forced a rotation,

I read this on their forums, and thought that was very lame. I recently made a dwf cleric like 3 weeks ago, and am lvl 7. I haven't logged in in over a week though. I experienced awful lag a few times and died when someone was "attacking the server." I forgot what the term was the staff used but I thought it was kind of stupid. It took an extremely long time to recover from the "attack" and reboot all the zones.

I tried out P99 the first week and it was a freaking joke. Decided to give it some time to "normalize" and went back to see it was even more retarded. To the point where I thought the primary dev team must be composed of drunken retards with downs.
Some people might love it but I have yet to encounter anyone on any other EMU server that speaks of P99 in a positive light.
Most of the people that speak about it tell me how they have been banned off the server because of retarded issues like refusing to bow down to another guild that wished to try content when they had no hope of beating it.
Trying to force rotations on the player base is beyond lame.

raid addicts ~ always been bad and the owner is crazier than I am (hard to believe i know).

I made the mistake of loading up my player there the other day to see if anything was fixed. Nope.
How in the hell do you source in a stable datebase and manage to F'ing break everything.

The best thing EQemu could do in regards to that server is remove it from the green list.

I haven't really played on any of the public servers, but 2 years ago I set up my own eqemu lan server and have customized the world with my own quests and events (great way to learn perl scripting), custom zones, custom content, custom objects in zones, custom load screens, custom zone music, maps, etc. I'm using the AX db, so I have group and raid bot capabilities. If you like creating worlds, it's a great way to satisfy your artistic yearnings.

Last edited:
The Good:

The Ugly:
VZTZ - Started off ok and has slowly drifted towards the pile of manure it is today.
Project 1999 - Worst GM / dev team to run a EQ server.

Could the fact that you were banned from both of these servers for using MQ factor into this at all?

The Good:
The Hidden Forest - Probably the best custom server besides SoD. Lots of things still bad about it though such as simple encounters, lazy itemization, and donating gets you the best items on the server.
EZServer - Decent custom server, lots of tedious content I don't care for.

The Bad:
Scars of Amerous - Lousy custom content.
Raid Addicts - Lol

The Ugly:
VZTZ - Started off ok and has slowly drifted towards the pile of manure it is today.
Project 1999 - Worst GM / dev team to run a EQ server.

I play on Hidden Forest and EZServer.

The hidden forest, the imteization sucks big time. You get to lvl 50 and can go to the 3 custom zones they have for that level and you get big and really good armor/weapons, and cant upgrade until you raid and even so the upgrade aren`t that big

Ez server, the customizaation is really nice, the custom zones are nice, but the population sux. People 2/3/4/5/6 box and dont group with anyone else.

I play on Hidden Forest and EZServer.

Ez server, the customizaation is really nice, the custom zones are nice, but the population sux. People 2/3/4/5/6 box and dont group with anyone else.

Man, less that shit and moar raiding.

Why i will never play on the peg server anymore. You go raiding with 10 actual players while everyone is 5 and 6 boxing on a 54 person raid. When one goes ld who has the MT, MH, puller the raid comes to a halt. Then have to wait 10 minutes till him/her loads everything back up.

Sounds like you have a personal problem Mr. Realm of Insanity. I have been on P1999 since its start, and this is what I see...

Guild A(guild that gets a lot of people banned) uses MQ and exploits, records them through FRAPS, member leaks them out on forums, people get banned and bitch about the staff.

Guild B dominates server because they are better.

Guild A cries that Guild B uses "GM superpowers" to gain an upper hand.

Guilds C, D, and E slowly building up a nice amount of raiders and will eventually overtake Guild A.

Guild B still dominates still.

Everyone on server laughs at the 50 people banned for exploiting, using MQ2, or doing stupid shit, like looting/destroying raid loot like a scrub. Not sure if you played on P1999 long, but, you sound like a member of Guild A? And just an FYI, for such a "shitty" server, they sure are stomping any other servers in sheer numbers. 550 +/- a few on any given night, no two boxing allowed....MAYBE they are doing something right!

I quit playing Project 1999 when they implemented a raid rotation. Server staff had pretty clear ties to a certain guild. I heard they moved to putting raid targets on a 24hr timer or some such silliness.

I would be willing to bet Project 1999 also has one of the biggest turnarounds in regards to players playing for a few weeks and quitting once they realize how much shit you have to trek through to make it high-end wise. You can't actually compete for mobs. That kills it for me.

P99 is a great "classic" emulator... forget the GM's and all that other nonsense, if you want true nostalgia and enjoy the pure classic content then it is a good server with plenty of cool people to play with. It takes awhile to get to the high end stuff which i am sure will change how it is ran once more content is released such as kunark and velious. They just want to increase competition with the current rotation system so one guild isn't a monopoly. Pretty clear cut, don't know why people are whining.

Back
Top Bottom