Enforcer's Guard

lynnettell

Dalayan Elder
Don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping on this item. What I'm going to go off about is it's vendor price compared to deepmetal. Stats.

Enforcer's Guard

[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Slot: Back Secondary
AC: 50
STR: +15 STA: +15 AGI: +11
Damage Reduction: +3
WT: 15.0 Size: Large
Class: WAR PAL SHD
Race: ALL
Slot 1 type 2: empty

Deepmetal Platemail Breastplate

[MAGIC ITEM] [NO DROP]
Slot: Chest
AC: 38
This item is made with tradeskills.
STR: +10 STA: +10 CHA: +5 AGI: +10 HP: +75 MANA: +55
SV FIRE: +2 SV DISEASE: +2 SV COLD: +2 SV MAGIC: +6 SV POISON: +2
WT: 25.0 Size: Large
Class: WAR CLR PAL SHD BRD
Race: ALL
Slot 1 type 2: empty
Slot 2 type 2: empty

Item A has the multi slot ablilty, as well DR. Item B is just flat out crafted. Gets the two slot bonus, but even AC double aug'd, doesn't beat it.

Issue. Vendor price on Enforcer's Guard = less than 1k pp (I asked, couldn't get an exact number), so, people inflate to like 5k.

DM BP = vendors for 1215pp. Yeah, I checked.

Now, in my wildest dreams, and trust me, there are lots, I couldn't imagine my cost on DM BP being 1215pp. 50-90% fail rate (anyone remember someone borrowing "me" and failing five times in a row, because BP SUCK?), my cost is double that, if I actually make it FIRST TRY.

But, again, this is not about smithing... this is about an item that is severely underpriced to a vendor. So therefore makes DM look... overpriced. I would love it if the vendor was like 3k on this (then 6k to resell, hai, have to make your money back!) or at least 2k, so DM was comparable. It has better overall stats, just not the neat DR.

DM BP definatly beats the enforcers guard. When fully augged, its 48 ac to 55 ac, but 75hp to 0hp. I don't know why you're comparing a cloak/shield to a bp though.

This issue goes sooooooooooooooooooo much deeper than this one very ill made case.

Basically iksith has a ton of really nice boe items and since the items are easier to get and there are more players farming them, the market is flooded. Making vendor prices comparable to old world content would fix some stuff, but it would also make farming supremes and plat in general a lot easier (Ive had tons of BQ groups that got 10+ items).

I dont really know what the solution here is, maybe make the items twice as rare and double their vendor price? Really, to make them vendor at about the same level as old world stuff prices would have to go up more like 3-6x depending on item.

Back
Top Bottom