Enchanter improvements. And a few bugs.

Lucrezia

Dalayan Adventurer
Yeah, I guess you could label this a class whine, but whatever. The class of enchanter on WR is the only one I know well, and thusly, the only ones I can offer ideas for improvement.

First off, this is a minor bug thing, really. Elemental illusions all look like earth elementals. It's not a big thing, but with Luclin graphics, the other elementals look a lot better.

Enchanter pets are boring. I'm not asking for the particle effect shield and the Fiery Avenger graphics, but it would be nice to see something other than a ho-hum shield and a sword. Make it require a component like Flame Lick did, with fire beetle eyes -- force us to carry around a shield and sword for a nifty pet. I'd be willing to shell out the cash.

With the way resists and such are altered, make sure that the Tash line is correctly balanced -- and of a correct length, dammit. Not that I've noticed much wrong with its effectiveness; it's simply that as you impliment more changes to resists, it would be good to know that Tash isn't over or underpowered.

Charm... a VERY high cost, but long duration spell would be nice, -_-

Theft of Thought, liek the other recourse effects, doesn't function to give back mana. Add to this its long recast, and mana sieve is infinately better, considering the current form of both.

Spell suggestion: A very long recast, low resist spell that makes it so the next spell cast by the effected NPC cannot be channeled through to a successful cast. High level people will love you forever.

Please add in more group-wide spells that are USEFUL. I mean, group clarity is good if it didn't come 20+ levels after the targeted one, and only a few levels before C2. And there are a LOT of spells I would reallllly prefer to have in a group form, even if it adds a bit to the total mana cost, even for a full group -- this is all especially true with multigroup buffing for high level raids, and even FURTHER once you get buff-other-group working.

More on pets. Please add a pet heal? A pet buff? I mean, we're enchanters. We should be able to enchant an enchantment. We get taper enchantment which alters enchantments' length -- supposedly -- so it's "plot-ly" possible. Like, an animation-only buff that's more than just a haste we can cast. Or something.

Considering the range of stat increasing spells, cha-buffers seem a bit.. wussy for their levels. With the emphasis on stats in WR, having just a few more points per cha-buff would, perhaps, make a noticable amount of difference. Maybe.

Wizards have harvest, clerics' yalup have a mana-regen effect. Yet enchanters, the original kings of the mana-regen effect, get none. :/ Please?

Make illusions targetable...? Garou and Trickster's -- the latter of which is broken, its proc anyway -- show it can be done. At least if you don't intend to make illusions have faction changes. Minor change, but it has its amusement possibilities.

On that note of amusment.. I want re-size spells, dammit. They don't offer any other boosts other than getting small enough to go places if you're huge. I want a BIIIG OMFG illusion and a teeenie tinnney omfg illusion. :(

Chanters get beat down a bit, especially if a mez breaks before someone can do something with said mob, or a charm fails, etc. 61+ has a self-Rune for more HP than the ohter-targetable, on Live... can you add in such self-targeted, higher-value Runes? Not vital, but reallllly nice.

Enchanter DoT's.. don't do DoT. This makes them more or less worthless, other than for the small STR debuff.

Speaking on debuffs... again, with the altered importance of stats, maybe a reevaluation, remake, deletion of existing debuffs is in order, so they're as useful as they can be, given their level and mana cost. They were, afterall, built for Live.

See above, but with stat alterations on buffs such as Augment, etc.

More illusions spread out over more levels such as Garou and Trickster's would be very nice. Even a stat increase or a tiny proc with an illusion would be cool, and also have some functionality.

Another tier of MR spells would be very appreciated.

More AE tash spells would be also appreciated. There's AE mez and higher level AE tash, so it's not like it would be terribly overpowering or something.

Back
Top Bottom