Emblem of the Elders

Syalara

Dalayan Beginner
This is a decent item however it has a clicky (Fulmination) that is often rendered nearly ineffective....a 2 tick duration nuke dmg increase that more often then not lasts one tick due to timing between when the effect hits a mob and the server goes into its next tick. Considering wizard archaic takes 4.4 secs to cast at CSI7 there is little room for error to even get one spell off in time unless the effect lands at the ideal moment.

I would like to request the duration be changed to 5 ticks, which is half that of a similar efect on a much much lower tiered item, the Dreamstone Trinket (Focused Chanelling). Yes I know the trinket is pretty damn rare but I think an item of the Emblems tier (Farhag wing in ToT vs CoD) w/ half duration and the same recast would not be unbalanced. Actually I dont think it would be unbalanced at 10 sec duration but I dont wanna push my luck.

Thank You

edit- I prolly should ghave posted this in Classes and Gear, if so please relocate it, thanks.

A longer duration would be great. One problem is that if your nuke gets resisted it is pretty useless and the HUGE recast makes it quite annoying. I know that Kade and Strylok constantly complain about how lame it is for a Wizard. As a Mage I can time it with Rains and a Bladewind but it still takes ideal timing and if I get a resist it is deemed a waste IMO.

A duration of 5 ticks would be awesome. Fully supportive of this.

Been testing this clicky pretty much every chance I could since I got it (at its recast, thats not a whole helluva lot) but anyway, I can only get off one Archaic 4.4 cast time for sure. Have never even been able to get off an arch and an ancient which has a combined cast time of 7.4 + spell refresh.

tumbleweedeo4.gif

PS - This effect works only on some mobs in Tower of Tarhyl, considering the effect eats a buffslot on me, I would think the mob im casting on should be irrelevant. Is this an error or working as intended?

That's not how it works. I think you are confusing different mobs with the spell type you cast on them.

What? I dont know what you mean by 'confusing the spell type I am casting'.

I cast Archaic...over and over and over. I use Fulmination I cast Archaic and try to squeeze off an Ancient as well for shits and grins. On several Farhag wing Namers, it does not let me cast Fulmination even when I have an open buffslot and the retardedly long timer is ready.

Syalara said:
tumbleweedeo4.gif

PS - This effect works only on some mobs in Tower of Tarhyl, considering the effect eats a buffslot on me, I would think the mob im casting on should be irrelevant. Is this an error or working as intended?
:what:

I can't think of any mobs in ToT that you can't use Fulmination on...

I'll see if I have screens, its a diff msg then when timer isnt reset.

Edit- Still looking for screens but....

[Mon Feb 04 23:56:25 2008] You begin casting Fulmination.
[Mon Feb 04 23:56:25 2008] Rouean pierces High Chieftain Farhanniath for 121 points of damage.
[Mon Feb 04 23:56:25 2008] Jedz crushes High Chieftain Farhanniath for 97 points of damage.
[Mon Feb 04 23:56:26 2008] Your spell did not take hold.

[Sun Jan 27 21:43:33 2008] Jedz hit Ferdolen the Farhag Elder for 168 points of non-melee damage.
[Sun Jan 27 21:43:33 2008] You begin casting Fulmination.
[Sun Jan 27 21:43:33 2008] Greenjesus begins to cast a spell.
[Sun Jan 27 21:43:33 2008] Your spell did not take hold.

[Tue Jan 29 00:47:41 2008] Safiya`s pet has been slain by High Chieftain Farhanniath!
[Tue Jan 29 00:47:41 2008] You begin casting Fulmination.
[Tue Jan 29 00:47:41 2008] Your spell did not take hold.

[Fri Feb 01 23:01:45 2008] You begin casting Fulmination.
[Fri Feb 01 23:01:47 2008] Volkov hit Corefire for 182 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Feb 01 23:01:47 2008] Your spell did not take hold.

Now it is likely I had full buffs and got carried away one one of the above occasions, however not all. I just dont know how to differentiate between the 2 in my logs, may not be possible. Either way it is deffo not landing 100% of the time I have a buffslot open and I am only seeing this issue in ToT.

the spell in no way checks what mob you have targeted - in fact that would not be possible even if I wanted it to be.

You have to be using a spell that does not stack with fulmination.

Fucking Fire pots!!!! Thats why I thought it was ToT only, thanks for clarification, I never thought to check a nuke dmg increasing spell of super short duration for resist stacking issues...

Is there really any need to have this spell increase FR for the extremely short duration its on? Seems it would be simpler/less stacking issues if that were left out of the spell altogether. I dont think anyone says, "OH MAN I got hit with a fire AoE, Let me light up Fulmination for one tick for teh win"

So anyway back on topic...PLEASE MAKE DURATION LONGER!!

Pretty please.

:dance:

I was about to reply with the answer but Saifya figured it out and posted before I could. :haw:

Back
Top Bottom