Elab Chests

Salarus

Dalayan Master
This thread was made roughly 2 years ago regarding this:

http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=22717&highlight=elaborate&page=3

I am requesting that the suggestion in the middle of the thread be looked at again. The suggestion was to have the ToT weapon QP have a small chance to drop from all sizes of chests. This will benefit guilds or pugs who chose to raid there, and take away the need to have a track bot stare at a list all day, every day, for weeks if not months till he loses sanity and decides to adopt a pet rock.

Coming up as a guild and raiding ToT for the past month (lobby through now mephar) we have yet to see one elab chest. I know this was commonplace back in the day, however now we will probably triviliaze ToT loot with only seeing one or two completed weps i'd guess if we get lucky.

I think this is silly.

I also think it is silly that someone has to sit and track the zone all day every day to try to get lucky (hi2u Zeet) and get an elaborate chest. AND EVEN THEN it may not be the item that is needed.

Please change this so it is a quest that is completeable more often than it currently is by an guild who is raiding the majority of the zone.

Thanksssssss

actually, not seeing an elab for a month is extremely bizarre. ive been trying to crack the elab code for years and have yet to really figure it out. ive gotten four elabs in ONE DAY before - 3 in the exact same spot. i used to find one a week or so years ago when i cared about them, but now erude has been camping them and i think its been over a month since once has spawned, and that's with probably north of 50 regular chests being popped. i have never seen anything like that - it used to be rare to go a week without an elab

is it broke? or do we just not know how it works? :itisamystery:

Maybe even have a slight chance for the bosses to pop a random chest as well? Ive had completed weps except for the elab drop for years. Eventually just deleted them on a couple chars because its unrealistic how hard it is to get the chest and the right piece to drop.

kinda funny because i remember back in the day the fire spirit piece was the hardest to get - they dont pop in some wings and are bugged in mephar and were actually really fucking hard back then

Those fire spirits are tough on tier. They take forever to kill and the recovery time from the random 1-2 inevitable deaths and mana regen is a pain.

We got a bunch of Elab chests when we raided that zone around 8-9 months ago and we tracked it casually at best. Most of the guild had the trackbot info and everyone would pop on and check it as they logged in their main. We had a few people only lacking the fire spirit piece, and that was where their hang up was.

I am all for keeping the Elab chests rare though, those ToT weapons turn into more of a legend and something really sought after for people on-tier, it makes it kind of fun IMO. Getting one is nothing short of magical.

I might be up for putting rare chances on the smaller chests. When more people raided ToT and more small chests were popped, there was a greater chance for elabs to spawn. A low chance might spur incentive to going after the smaller chest types, which would increase elabs as well as give out the rare extra piece.

Let me look into it tonight. It has been four or more years since I touched it so I will need to re-familiarise myself before committing to anything.

I might be up for putting rare chances on the smaller chests. When more people raided ToT and more small chests were popped, there was a greater chance for elabs to spawn. A low chance might spur incentive to going after the smaller chest types, which would increase elabs as well as give out the rare extra piece.

Let me look into it tonight. It has been four or more years since I touched it so I will need to re-familiarise myself before committing to anything.

That would be amazing, thank you very much for taking the time to consider this.

Anything that would make it possible to get WHILE raiding the zone would be awesome IMO instead of having to constantly log in a track bot to track and hope you have enough people on to even get to it.

Not everyone can be on everyday or all day in hopes of a chest spawning, or being able to just jump on when one does pop.

I really like the idea of regular chests having a chance to drop a piece since you need a raid force to get to the chest's.

just my 2cp

This solves or at least mitigates the big problem with making them spawn. Even when I was in PR and we were hitting ToT hard, it was always a mixed thing to pop a smaller chest, knowing that other guilds were going to have raid forces to pop elabs before we'd be back. This gives a direct incentive to burn the smaller chests as they pop.

So I might have a reason to get rid of all these useless keys in my bank while at the same time giving more incentive to frequent a fun raid zone? I approve.

Doesn't that quest require a "Segment of Living Stone" item?

Pet rock reference? It's a living stone, its ok for it to be a pet. It sits in your bank long enough for you to grow attached to it while you farm the ToT pieces anyways.

Next patch all levels of ToT chests will have a rare chance to drop the elaborate quest piece. The chance varies according to the size of the chest being opened.

yeah i've honestly been keeping track of chests on a 24/7 basis for the past 2 months now, i always thought it was a good idea to just make it a rare chance from any chest and scale it up toward bigger chests. awesome news!

kinda funny because i remember back in the day the fire spirit piece was the hardest to get - they dont pop in some wings and are bugged in mephar and were actually really fucking hard back then

Have kind of noticed this since forces started raiding ToT, I think we have seen 1 maybe 2. In almost 2 months?

Back
Top Bottom