Duo Opinions

Sofresh

Dalayan Beginner
Just looking for some opinions on what to Healer to Duo with an SK there are up and downs to all i figure more input will help me decide better. tell me what healer you would use and why thank you

Plenty of threads here that cover this topic, but here's a very general rehash:

Druid - ports, DS, kill multiple targets at once (rains)
Shaman - best buffs, kill single targets (DoT)
Cleric - best heals, aego, best chance of getting into a progressive-type guild

There are a ton more aspects, many of which will probably be covered in forthcoming replies, but this is it in a nutshell.

if i were to roll an sk i would probably use a shaman or a cleric. both are really good.

If this is your first time playing the server, I would definitely go Cleric. Shamans can do ok by supplementing their lack of healing with slows (to create less overall damage to the SK) so it would be my second choice. Druids are valuable and offer a lot, but I think if it's your first time, you're going to find they lack the heals that a cleric can offer and the type of utility that helps out undergeared characters that a shaman offers.

I had a hell of a fun time leveling my SK/Druid combo. They are in late 40's now and it was pretty easy to get there.
Most say druid as a third option but I love em! They got a little of almost everything: great hp/ac buffs, good str buff, regen's are awesome and the damage shield is super helpful; along with sow and ports making getting around super easy.

Druids are valuable and offer a lot, but I think if it's your first time, you're going to find they lack the heals that a cleric can offer

like *6*ticks HoTs which *stack* with another (3 ticks) HoT ?
I wouldnt call that "lacking".

the type of utility that helps out undergeared characters that a shaman offers.
At least one niche Shammies fill,*help out undergeared characters*,lol.

If this is your first time playing the server, I would definitely go Cleric.
Dont,Clerics suck badly before 65/250,maybe if you're a masochist.

Conclusion:
Druids clearly win for people new to the server,you *need* ports for the main quest and the
Newport ring.But maybe there are people who enjoy running back and forth from Newport
to all the badlands or run through the MoP to Starfall or King's Pass and further through countless zones to Heartland Undercaverns to do the MQ,not to mention the countless
boat trips needed without ports.

If you are new to the server I would do Druid for the utility they bring. A cleric will give you the best longevity in the long run, and a shaman will probably be the most useful and beneficial throughout your experience.

I leveled a SK/cleric box (and now main the cleric), what I can say is 1-50s was easy, but once you hit 65 you have almost no DPS, so it is slow going. If I was to do it again, and planned to main the SK there is no doubt I'd go druid. The hots and heals are there, plus SKs know how to keep themselves up, the real benefit is the ports, DS, and nukes. End game it might be easier to find a group for a cleric or shammy, but to solo, druid is your best bet

like *6*ticks HoTs which *stack* with another (3 ticks) HoT ?
I wouldnt call that "lacking".

At least one niche Shammies fill,*help out undergeared characters*,lol.

Dont,Clerics suck badly before 65/250,maybe if you're a masochist.

Conclusion:
Druids clearly win for people new to the server,you *need* ports for the main quest and the
Newport ring.But maybe there are people who enjoy running back and forth from Newport
to all the badlands or run through the MoP to Starfall or King's Pass and further through countless zones to Heartland Undercaverns to do the MQ,not to mention the countless
boat trips needed without ports.

No idea why you are mocking / insulting me. We're all here to help the OP. Personally, I don't think the main quest requires a druid (or wiz). I started my main quest somewhere in the 30's, and I just read ahead and mostly did it while I was doing other stuff.

I've never seen a level 1-64 druid heal anywhere near 6k in a heal, nevermind 6k a TICK. But if that exists, then I'll concede the point.

Sure a 65 druid owns once you're 65 and have the AA's and gear. When he proposed the idea of a duo my mind immediately started thinking of the leveling process, where I think druids are weakest in terms of actual healing capabilities (unless you're going to twink the characters, but I already addressed this in my first post).

Again, I have no idea why this turned into you insulting me, but I'm only trying to help. Whatever issue you have with me you can take to PM's if you would like.

Leveling: any healer is a viable option. Leveling is fairly easy and straight forward. You will spend an ever diminishing fraction of your time on SoD leveling and it is of little concern.

Main Quest: druid wins. Though you do the MQ one time and then are done. If you want to make your class decision based solely off saving a few minutes here and there for a quest you do one time this is probably not the timesin... game for you.

General grouping: shaman loses. Yeah, eventually shamans are great and someone will regale us with stories of how they group healed with their shaman all the time and more lies, but your group wants a cleric or druid healing. Deal with it.

Raiding: cleric wins by so much. Whether it is joining a guild or getting into a pug cleric wins so hard rangers can feel it (druid hybrids- get it?). Considering SoD character progression is heavily slanted towards raiding you might want to think of this for the long term.

Having played all three healers quite a bit (post 65 in all three with an additional 1-65 on another druid, 1-50 on another shaman, and 1-47 on another cleric), I'll tell you shaman are the least impressive of all before you get a bunch of AA's (and relic heal).

As a duo just starting, there is no comparison. Choose druid. Mobility alone for a new character will save you immeasurable amounts of time. Ports and SoW are amazing at low levels especially. Damage shield and regen are wonderful as well.

Cleric will get groups easier usually (unless there's travel involved in which case the druid wins again).

Shaman is a wonderful class against large targets, but his abilities are a bit underwhelming in an xp grind group. Sure stat buffs are nice, but shaman seriously need more group stat buffs. Low levels were god awful trying to keep so many buffs up on everyone who wanted them.

That being said, I'm currently playing a duo of SHD 59 with a SHM 50. SHD is fairly well twinked out though, so the level gap isn't a big deal. If I had my choice though, it would be a cleric or druid. Preferably druid. Travelling fast is just great. Going to XP somewhere, finding it camped and then going elsewhere is just not much of a big deal with the druid. With cleric or shaman it's potentially awful.

Shaman are honestly just way better at being utility and not healers. Yes I said it. Shaman healing is not good unless no other healer is available (though much later they can essentially heal forever... but the heals still suck until Woundbane). Their pet however is far better than the druid or cleric. So you get some nice free dps too. Slows will stretch your healing power, but heals can crit, slows can't. So your slows will never even out the healing power of clerics and druids. If you already have a healer in a group though, shaman slowing and poison DoTs coupled with buffs are really nice to have.

Now if you ask me what I *like* playing in a group... any of the three, so long as people don't expect my shaman to be a good group healer (plus no relic....saaaaad). If I can only pick one as my "main" though. It's cleric, especially if I get to melee. Dat battle spam...

Sad thing is the dru pet powns the shaman pet, so shamans loose out even there. I duo a sk and shaman, but after getting them both to 65, I went back and made a druid. Bottom line is druids just heal so much better that I can do a lot more (solo or group) with a druid than with a shaman.

Ulandx is a bit bitter over healing on classes see many of hes post. He has a clr that he plays.

Clerics are really good if you get your blissful light spell lvl63 thats a really nice. At 65 when you get vessel it improves your healing also clerics have innate heal critt. With Cheal and Compleate Recovery as back up heals the whole fresh 65 doesnt seem so bad.

Sure they lack utilety vs druid (port multiple buffs) and vs shman ( lots of buffs and slow and canni spell line) .

But still Clerics heal better they are more needed in raids if your planning to join a guild.

Sad thing is the dru pet powns the shaman pet, so shamans loose out even there. I duo a sk and shaman, but after getting them both to 65, I went back and made a druid. Bottom line is druids just heal so much better that I can do a lot more (solo or group) with a druid than with a shaman.

Druid pet from Ikisith maybe... but the pet that most druids will see sucks. He's light blue at 65 (level 47 mob I think - can't even proc the mage summoned Sword of Power). Shaman get a pet starting at 34 and their last is a 62 spell. Shaman pet is better barring the Ikisith frog pet. :)

You can get the murk spell in a few days, most of it is easily two boxed. And the frog will probably double the dps of a low tier SK+Druid duo so it should be a pretty high priority.

The fact that there is so much argument over this means that any of the three is a legitimate choice. The best bet is always to go with what you think you will enjoy the most - both as far as play style and questing/thematics.

If the discussion had all pointed to the same class, we would have really bad class balance!

You can get the murk spell in a few days, most of it is easily two boxed. And the frog will probably double the dps of a low tier SK+Druid duo so it should be a pretty high priority.

Man if that's the case...pleeease help my druid. He's 65 with like 160 something AA's I think and I maybe have two pieces and those were from some hard zones (hard to me anyway). :)

The fact that there is so much argument over this means that any of the three is a legitimate choice.

This whole idea that just because differing views are being expressed that their must be some validity to all of them is fallacious and will eventually destroy our society. That is a bit bigger than this thread or this game, but something to think about next time you hear about the argument over blank or the controversy surrounding blank which is, in reality, 95% of people/climatologists/marine biologists/etc... versus a few crackpots or people arguing syntax or whatever.

OP-
If you are looking to raid then:
A. a cleric is hands down your best option for getting into guilds/pugs- it isn't even close
B. your tank will take an exceptional amount of effort, begging, and pity to ever amount to anything because there are probably 100+ tanks with better gear that people can and will box over bringing someone without maxAA, tank tomes, and tXX gear.
If you are looking to group and enjoy your time without much focus on the awfulness that is raiding:
A. a druid will make your life easier and be sufficient to heal just about anything.
B. Make your own groups, lousy whore tanks can suck it.

Back
Top Bottom